Stupid things buyers/sellers do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You're unfairly depriving us of the entertainment sure to ensue if you reply!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Hell, I tried to buy another Malibu this week. Owner's buddy listed it at 1500, I set up a deal to come get it at the time set by owner, only to receive a message an hour later from his buddy that he had a buyer who offered 2500 "to seal the deal". 2 days later owner's buddy relisted it at 2500 and sent me a message that he had done so...I assume his "seal the deal" guy backed out/no-showed/never existed. I told him I was a buyer at the originally listed price, he got all cocky and told me that he had 30 people wanting it.. That was 4 days ago..it's still listed. Guess his 30 buyers don't have any money. His loss, I have cash and ready to buy, but i don't play that game.

Like I told him, I'd like to have it, but don't HAVE to have it.

Best part is...total radio silence from the guy that actually owns the car. Hope he appreciates his buddy "help"ing him out:rofl:

Reactions: 3 users

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
It all gets down to ‘character’. I’ve seen ads for cars that were priced realistically. The seller gets twenty calls the first day. The next day the ad is gone and a few days later it’s back up for significantly higher than before. It’s important to keep your word. If you make a deal stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor