Suck N Blow Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
You probably could find a set of Holly valve covers for a 350. The problem with those is it says Holly on them. I thought about a set of those and grinding the name off and putting a Buick turbo emblem on the flats. I decided to go the route I did and am happy with them.
They dont exist. There's either tje TA Performance covers (ugly, imo), or derpy plain chrome ones. Or stock.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ooooh yeah! That is looking really good.

Since you don't have the TR HVAC box heatshield you are going to want to wrap/insulate the DP and/or HVAC box to protect it.

I am guessig you are pulling pressurized oil for the turbo from the front cover/oil pump housing.

Keep going!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Ooooh yeah! That is looking really good.

Since you don't have the TR HVAC box heatshield you are going to want to wrap/insulate the DP and/or HVAC box to protect it.

I am guessig you are pulling pressurized oil for the turbo from the front cover/oil pump housing.

Keep going!
I do have a heat shield on the heater box. Looks the same as TB's. The downpipe is ceramic coated, but I might rap it. As for the oil feed line for the turbo I all ready have a tee in the front cover for one.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I do have a question for you guys that run a digital ignition box. I got my used MSD distributor setup to day. I was looking at the distributor and there is only one spade on the trigger wheel. How dose that work? How does it know what cylinder it is on? This digital ignition is new to me I have always ran a HEI setup.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I do have a question for you guys that run a digital ignition box. I got my used MSD distributor setup to day. I was looking at the distributor and there is only one spade on the trigger wheel. How dose that work? How does it know what cylinder it is on? This digital ignition is new to me I have always ran a HEI setup.
I was not thinking clearly last night. Disregard the previous post. What I was looking at it the rpm sensor. The terminals on the cap determine the firing order!

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I took a picture of the MSD distributor sitting next to the HEI distributor. You can see the difference in size. That is the main reason I am going to use that.
20171102_202209.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I hate to say this, because it is totally in my nature to do the same, but you are over complicating this. If you are willing to spend ~$1500 on a bunch of hybridized systems to run this thing you are approaching it the wrong way. What I am getting at here is you should consider running one simple system that integrates only what you need to make this function.

Also, I know it may not seem like it... but you don't really need knock retard if you pay attention to the cylinder pressure, timing, and octane. While nice to have you don't require a rising rate fuel pressure regulator if your injectors and pump are large enough - I don't have anything but a set of 60lb/hr injectors, a high mileage stock fuel pump, and a Boost-A-Pump on my TBSS. The tune (both VE and MAF) compensates for the added airflow under boost and does not require pressure compensation.
I am starting to see what you mean now. Little late now but I think I am complicating this build more than it needs to be. It would be easier if a person bought a 87 turbo intake and cam position sensor and ran the ignition and fuel management with a Megasquirt. The only benefit I see from doing it the way I plan is the eas of self tuning and knock retard safety. If someone can show me a better way to run the ignition side of this please share with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor