The Made in USA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Mark, There was a story here in Canada about breakfast cereal that was made in China but the box it was put into here in Canada was heavier than the cereal so they were permitted to put Made in Canada on the box and nothing about China... :wtf:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
jsiler said:
I like this thread.Most people wont care where their stuff comes from until it affects their job.I have a friend who bought a Toyata fj cruiser and we had the talk about buying an American made car.He basically said he didnt care he was going to buy what he wanted.I understand that arguement but what is happening is that most of those middle class jobs are gone now.How can these companies expect to build all of their products overseas and then try to bring em back to a country where nobody has jobs to buy their stuff.

there's a few place making us parts that are all American. UMI just added some nice equipment to their shop and they even play put their parts on their cars so that can play with them..

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=43441&hilit=+umi#.USQrHh1ON48

Nov 4, 2012
True story- There was a city in Japan that became really popular in labor exportation. But people actually got sick of buying Japanese stuff, and started to buy US made stuff. So the city in Japan started to go under. So what did they do? They changed the name of the city to "Usa". So now, instead of their products saying 'MADE IN JAPAN', they now say 'MADE IN USA'.

Pretty scammy, eh?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I'm doing a lot of Hurricane Sandy repairs still, and wallpapering came due. I ordered some nice looking stuff on the internet from Austin Texas, thinking for sure it would be made here. Nope, Korea. BUT, the excellent primer and paste I bought locally was made by ROMAN products, right here in the USA.

JAWSS

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2009
Ft.Hood, Texas
UMI Suspension components. I have their arms on my Chevelle. I love them and I loved keeping Americans employed in PA.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I was using my trusty ARROW T-50 stapler yesterday and I couldn't help notice the Made in USA label it wore. They moved from NYC to Jersey which some would consider a foreign country, but it's still technically in the USA. :mrgreen:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Now I need a new marine starting/deep cycle dual purpose battery. My local guy (Freeport Marine) has the DEKA/Seahawk line group 24 for around $100 and it is Made in the USA- Pennsylvania by East Penn to be exact. Not only that, my Daughter gave me a FM gift card and lots of beer for Christmas so I'll be all set for this fishing season. What a good kid!
right2_5marine.jpg

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
A couple of months ago, I lost my favorite ratchet at Pull-a-Part, so recently I went to Sears to pick up another one of these....
spin_prod_206329301

the "Craftsman 3/8 in. Drive Full Polish Offset Flex Head Quick Release Teardrop Ratchet " part # 44385.
They had 4 on the rack, and I got the last one made in the USA. I'm pretty pissed that they quit making em in the US. I know they've been slowly switching everything to asian-made, but this really hit me bad.
So I've got to be more careful, and not lose this one.
I also picked up a set of black/machined Max-Axiss ratchet/sockets. It was made in the USA. But the kit I bought, didn't come with extensions, so I had to buy them seperately. They were made in China or Taiwan.
spin_prod_722440801

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor