DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio

455rocket

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2011
PA
Way back on page 3, how much oil and anti freeze did you put in.

Mainly cause I was just overly excited about actually having my car, Its not much for oil so i didn't think none of it I bought it myself cause I was just excited to actually have a car now.
I put a gallon of each into it.
The gauges was never an issue until I blew it.

A GALLON of oil. The thing would have never made it to his house. Lets see that invoice.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
455rocket said:
Way back on page 3, how much oil and anti freeze did you put in.

Mainly cause I was just overly excited about actually having my car, Its not much for oil so i didn't think none of it I bought it myself cause I was just excited to actually have a car now.
I put a gallon of each into it.
The gauges was never an issue until I blew it.

A GALLON of oil. The thing would have never made it to his house. Lets see that invoice.
i think its very possbile that they left the oil filter lose to loose this much oil within a day or whatever.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
RITTER said:
When an oil filter is loose, its sprays like crazy. How would somebody not notice this :?:

I did this once. Changed the oil on the '74 Delta and started it up to check for leaks. It dumped a good quart to two quarts on the ground before I got the car shut off.

I hadn't noticed at the time but the gasket from the old filter had stuck to the oil filter adapter on the block. So when installed the new filter, even though it was tight the doubled up gaskets let a lot of oil out in a very short period of time.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
FE3X CLONE said:
RITTER said:
When an oil filter is loose, its sprays like crazy. How would somebody not notice this :?:

I did this once. Changed the oil on the '74 Delta and started it up to check for leaks. It dumped a good quart to two quarts on the ground before I got the car shut off.

I hadn't noticed at the time but the gasket from the old filter had stuck to the oil filter adapter on the block. So when installed the new filter, even though it was tight the doubled up gaskets let a lot of oil out in a very short period of time.
Same exact thing I did on one of my previous 3.8L Regal's. Doubled the filter o-ring and oil sprayed all over the front of the engine bay. Within seconds :shock:

455rocket

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2011
PA
RITTER said:
FE3X CLONE said:
RITTER said:

Same exact thing I did on one of my previous 3.8L Regal's. Doubled the filter o-ring and oil sprayed all over the front of the engine bay. Within seconds :shock:

Same here, did it a few months ago. Real busy in a rush....Whole bunch of pig mats to soak up that mess.

CAPERKEV

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2011
i think david should just sell the nightmare of a car, an save some money and buy a moped or a scooter. or just take the bus, as someone dont want you having a cutty

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
455rocket said:
Same here, did it a few months ago. Real busy in a rush....Whole bunch of pig mats to soak up that mess.
YaY for PigMat :!: We sell that stuff and I am addicted. They make some pretty cool products :mrgreen:

455rocket

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2011
PA
RITTER said:
455rocket said:
YaY for PigMat :!: We sell that stuff and I am addicted. They make some pretty cool products :mrgreen:

Beats the livin sh*t outta the kitty litter mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor