Think of selling a few cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazenlotus

G-Body Guru
Mar 4, 2010
Stockton, MO
Well I am thinking about selling my 83 Cutlass and my Monte SS. Right now it is just a thought but I would really like to have a t-top car. I have always wanted on but have never really found one when I had the money. I would like to find a decent Monte ss t-top car. But like I said its just a thought.

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
PM me with pics and prices if/when you are interested in selling. I am in Joplin quite often and would be an excuse to run over to Stockton Lake for a bit and maybe swing by and see the cars...

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
Why would you want a T-top car??? I mean they are cool that they are still full frames and do not have to worry about a leather roof. Less long turm problems, but you can't put to much power to them. The roof frame could bend and cause problems. The t-tops could leak and they are more problem then they are worth. So why would you want one?? Stick with what you have and enjoy them.

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
T-tops are cool. Well, rather they are actually hot. Most of the time the AC works its tail off to keep the inside temps cool. Frame flex isn't much of an issue until you really start pushing the power through them. I used to crack my windshields in my '81 Cutlass with a stout 400 SBC. They also rattle some which drives me nuts. For a crusier car, T's are nice. For a daily, I'd stay away from T's, especially if it is sitting outside.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
My .02 on this is to get what you want. In the end you will be more happy with the car you really want. No need to be spending money on cars when they aren't exactly what you want. I would sell them and find the t-top if that's what you really want. Although t-tops have their problems, there is nothing better than cruising down the road with them off. That's why I loved my 94' Camaro. But again all this is just my .02

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Go for it be happy .

I regret buying My 86 442 t top car every time I take mine for a ride Its to hot the glare the windshield frame shaking at 70 MPh going down high way . .

But for cruising its so cool .

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
T-tops are ****ing awesome. End of story.

To anybody that complains about the sun/heat/glare...
For starters, you're a wuss. Secondly, they make inserts that slip in and block the sun. Problem solved.

My 455 is putting out well beyond 500 ft. lbs. of torque, and I have absolutely no issues with the structural integrity.

The best thing you can do for a T-top car is installing the X-brace kit behind the rear seat.
This will eliminate almost all of the squeeks and rattles associated with T-top cars.

3895230077_large.jpg

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
Blake442 said:
T-tops are ****ing awesome. End of story.

To anybody that complains about the sun/heat/glare...
For starters, you're a wuss. Secondly, they make inserts that slip in and block the sun. Problem solved.

My 455 is putting out well beyond 500 ft. lbs. of torque, and I have absolutely no issues with the structural integrity.

The best thing you can do for a T-top car is installing the X-brace kit behind the rear seat.
This will eliminate almost all of the squeeks and rattles associated with T-top cars.

3895230077_large.jpg
what u get those x bars from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor