Thinking about getting a DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I have heard really good things about them, but have no first hand experience with them.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
They cost allot and you could lose your license or do jail time :rofl:

J/k I have never heard anything bad about them and my buddy has been running them for years

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
SLICK79WGN said:
They cost allot and you could lose your license or do jail time :rofl:

do you mean they increase the performance that much?.. :shock:

the owner of our race car bought one but I have never heard of them before that so I looked them up and they sound good...and we don't get to test our car till the track opens next year so I'm hoping someone here has used one

I told a few other teams that our car owner picked up a DUI and you should have seen their faces, apparently not too many have heard of this distributor... :lol:

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
A guy I work with runs one on his circle track car, he was required to have a factory appearing distributor with no spark box, so that ruled out MSD. He has had no complaints on the DUI, nothing but good things to say about it.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
I run a distributor and coil and hell even the livewires on their website.Check out my build thread and you'll see pics of the distributor.The cap,coil and wires were on my cutlass since i bought it and they seem to have no problems.From a stock 307 it is a little improvement,but then again the engine is slightly moded as in my signiture below.I would say get a distributor from davis,i personally think the have quality parts and the sticker on my coil that says "D.U.I. danger high voltage" just looks so cool.

88olds421

Apprentice
Oct 20, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I have been running one on my cutlass for a few years. I called them up gave them all the vehicle specs that they ask for, like engine size, vehicle weight, compression ratio, and even what type of fuel, and they custom curve the distributor for you. With the coil and module that are on these things you can run larger spark plug gaps and you don't need a ignition box like the msd 6al to do so. I have had no issues with this unit and will continue to use them on any other cars I am going to build.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
thanks for the replies...so getting a DUI isn't a bad thing after all....I hope my insurance company won't mind :lol:

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
When i got my cutlass last march,it had a cap,coil and the livewires on the 307,and it also had these accel shorty plugs with a slightly smaller gap,long story short,the car ran like crap and wouldnt even do a burnout let alone even skid.I threw in some stock .60 gapped (a/c delco?i think) plugs and it ran a whole lot better.The cap and coil are from what i know on their website designed specifically for a 350 oldsmobile engine/distributor and it retrofitted into a stock 307 hei distrbutor with the computer controlled ignition spark timing. and it runs without a problem.I'll be using the wires,cap and coil (since its for a 350 olds distributor) on my older hei unit from a 79 350 olds.
88olds421 said:
With the coil and module that are on these things you can run larger spark plug gaps

madmaxstyle

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2009
Alberta
Nobody really wants a DUI-always have a designated ride home :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor