BUILD THREAD Tomeal's Elky Build

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
I never second guess buying a tool. If I ever need it again, I already have it.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
IMG_20230508_200226037.jpg

Stock L96 truck intake. The fitting about center of the pic. At the end of the zip tie.

I can see a mark there like something used to be there. I don't have connectors that are homeless.

What is it? What is it for?

It's either sucking or blowing air. Wanted to remedy it before letting the engine run for to long.

Reactions: 1 user

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
That was a vacuum port. You will want to cap or tap that as needed.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
That was a vacuum port. You will want to cap or tap that as needed.
Thanks, I figured that. Just want to make sure I didn't loose something during removing the engine.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
It was for ‘something’ that the factory used. It’s a thick piece that is easily tapped to 1/8npt. I’ve repurposed that for FPR boost reference.

Reactions: 2 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
It was for ‘something’ that the factory used. It’s a thick piece that is easily tapped to 1/8npt. I’ve repurposed that for FPR boost reference.
I have no use for it right now, but I may go ahead and tap it and put a plug in it for now.

So that means I need to find what I did with my npt taps. They are here somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
OOO0OOOOFF!

7 months and not much to add. I have some time off of work and need to re-focus on it.

IMG_20231217_194708990.jpg

It's turned into cardboard storage. Got some other crap at the same time to work on, but I need to make some progress on this

Reactions: 4 users

random_farmhick

Apprentice
Dec 13, 2020
Well I haven't really touched mine since February LAST year, so almost two years... I've been too busy with the farm and customer equipment. Then knowing I'm not very good at bodywork and don't want to pay anyone, so i'm just going to have to learn... Then I also need a rotisserie or something to hold the body while I do the frame... Long list of time and money...

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor