BUILD THREAD Tomeal's Elky Build

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Basics 1st - are you getting spark, injectors pulse, and fuel pressure?

Reactions: 1 user

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Did you put the light in each plug wire? You can check to make sure the crank sensor is working by verifying it's reading 150 rpm while your cranking it over. If it isn't(like not reading at all), then your crank sensor/wiring could be at fault. If it is reading, then maybe your injectors are clogged. Are you using the stock l96 injectors?

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Let me get some coffee in me and I'll head back out to the garage. Couple other things I want to check as well.

But yes I see rpm when it is cranking. I'm going to verify injectors next. Being clogged might be a possibility, I did new AN lines front to rear. Possibly had enough debris somewhere to clog something.

Let you know what I find.

Reactions: 1 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Well, went to the garage started checking and got pulled away for a bit. My boys car broke down and I had to trailer it home.

Anyways, long story short, was able to put some gas down the throttle body and it started for a second. Now I know it's a fuel delivery issue. Going to go get a noid light and continue checking.

Reactions: 2 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
So to clarify it started on its own. I shut it off as soon as it started cause it has a leaky trans line.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
What was the issue?

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
I got the noid light and tried it and it didn't blink. I had a hard time thinking it was the wiring because that was untouched in the harness. Thought it might be the ecm. Something else just didn't seem right.

After spending a lot of time reading threads and searching, I had one thought.

I disabled vats on this early on. Did a write entire. Fast forward to now trying to start it, along with some codes, I disabled starter checks in the os tab. I only did write calibration. Being that it was under the os tab I wondered if it needed a write entire. I also disabled starter diagnostics under the system tab at the same time.

So I did the write entire and it started right up.

My takeaway is that anything under the os tab probably needs a write entire.

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Ahh, I know nothing about programming stock pcm's

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
So was the noid light worth buying?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor