"Turn Key" Is Not An Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Love that thing! Tube bumpers and an expedition rack in the future?

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
lol, thanks, If you're refering to the blue one.....Stockish (for a spirit) bumper end caps are in the works. When I first started putting that car together I was thinking of going that route, mild offroader, tube bumpers, and agressive tires, but I kinda went too far with making it pretty to risk beating it up on the trail (I was gritting my teeth the whole time on the stone/dirt trail :oops: ). The red one though, I'm thinkin that could be in it's future, it would be a neat utility rig to go along with the jeep for less knarly trail rides, comfy cruising home, and better mpg's :lol: .

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Probably wise. It'd be a shame to mess up a rare car like that.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Success! :mrgreen: The car made it's longest journey under my ownership yet.

day1.jpg

It legally took me to work this morning, lol.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
:rofl: :lol: Yup, I made it home, made a couple round trips over the weekend with it, (5 miles there and back), and it brought me to work this morning too. So far, no trips over 5 or 6 miles one way, and other than a few leaks it seems pretty decent, lol.

Tinbender 66

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 18, 2012
Arlington, Washington
Haven't seen one of those in a loooong time. Had a friend that had one "back in the day" and I wondered what the hell he bought it for! Of course now I'd love to have it.

Nice work on the resto!!

PAUL

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Thank you, I used to look at these the same way, but I have to admit they were were always kind of intriguing, in a so dorky it's cool sort of way :lol: .

I've been using the sedan as my daily driver in the past week/weekend, after a much needed shock replacement, and grille replacement :roll: , I'm starting to really like cruising the ole bird around :rofl: , so I guess I'm gonna keep it :oops: . I took it on a little drive to the woods over the weekend (about an hour away). Car did great, no hicups, or other isssues. It chugged along up the small mountains without giving me any grief :mrgreen: . Oh, and yes it made it back home too, hahaha.

camp02.jpg

camp01.jpg

Less ugly grille, and clear signal lenses. Yes the grille was pirated from the blue car, gf wanted the eggcrate back in :? , oh well it her car so........

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I really like the new grille. Too bad it's temporary. The new pics make the paint look better too. It must just be happy to be in it's natural habitat. Glad the hear you're enjoying all that reliability and function.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Thanks, I think the grille may be a permanent, I'd like to find a spirit grille for the other one, maybe that would persuade the gf away from the eggcrate one, if not, it would look even better in mine, lol. The paint does look pretty good from 50 feet suprisingly, I have to do something about the roof catastrophe though, I'll have to get some close ups of that butcher job, it's hideous :puke: .

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&suge ... e16wHr4YF4

Some pics of different spirit grilles for those who haven't seen them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor