"Unofficial 88 Cutlass build thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Hcca motors, 3" coils single 1 ohm, 4 spoke baskets, triple flat spiders, woven leads, custom cones, dustcaps,and surrounds 1200rms a piece, going on my autotek mx5000 at conveniently 2400w rms
As a former installer, i have to ask: who built those subs? Definitely beefy; what's the xMax?
I worked at an Autotek dealer back in the day (90-93), and they made some badass amps. Didn't they go offshore?

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
As a former installer, i have to ask: who built those subs? Definitely beefy; what's the Xmas?
I worked at an Autotek dealer back in the day (90-93), and they made some badass amps. Didn't they go offshore?
A local friend who has been getting better and better than his mentors. Island Vibz is his recently coined name. I couldn' fit the whole decal on the cones nicely so only the palm trees. Autotek turned in to a maxxsonics company along with mb quart and hifonics. They all went to sh*t compared to what they were originally.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
A local friend who has been getting better and better than his mentors. Island Vibz is his recently coined name. I couldn' fit the whole decal on the cones nicely so only the palm trees. Autotek turned in to a maxxsonics company along with mb quart and hifonics. They all went to sh*t compared to what they were originally.
So, how far will it reach out and touch ya?

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
I don't have any those and small parameters on the subs. It's still a bit beyond the builder's knowledge base. He just Frankensteins stuff, but builds solid stuff that works and takes *ss tons of power for fractions of what it would cost to buy comparable stuff new.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I bet more than that, judging by the components. Are you doing SPL competitions?
<Al Bundy moment>
I built the loudest car in the country for a day. 155.6dB with 2 15's and about 3500w to each. It was a wall in a Fox body Mustang.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
You're a good man, I can appreciate the fact that you treated your neighbor with dignity and as a friend. It's sad that he had to move away and could not be 'fostered' by one of the families in the neighborhood where he spent his entire life.

No, only taken my mentally disabled neighbor for a romp around the neighborhood before his stepdad shipped him away after his mom died. Poor guy spent 36 years of his life in our hood being the ever- cautious superintentend of the neighborhood and he got sent away when his mom died. He'd come over ever time I was working on the car and I promised him a ride when I got it ready. I had to take him out even thoughn wasn't ready. sh*t we cranked the music up and I had just installed the kickdown so we did some burnouts and donuts and reckless stuff. He couldn't stop smiling and he actually came back to visit 2 months ago and was still talking about the "hot rod". We're a little upset about him not being around but I'm glad I got to give him a memorable experience. Not sure what his condition is but only one side of his body works well and he's a 36 year old with the mind of a 10 year old. Sucks.

Reactions: 1 user

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
I bet more than that, judging by the components. Are you doing SPL competitions?
<Al Bundy moment>
I built the loudest car in the country for a day. 155.6dB with 2 15's and about 3500w to each. It was a wall in a Fox body Mustang.

No competing anymore, I too set some short lived records back in the day. I just gotta have my sh*t slamming. If it was a cruiser or hooptie I'd have at least triple that going in the trunk.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Updates coming soon! Just spent the day ripping out a 350 rocket from a project car I've had...

Attachments

• 20180713_161059.jpg
    20180713_161059.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG-20180712-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180712-WA0002.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor