"Unofficial 88 Cutlass build thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Playing with the carb and did a few hits around the hood with the 8.5 and 3.73's. What a difference. Need to replace my power valve on the primary side and put new shocks in, but progress is being made. The yoke on the 442 driveshaft was rusty so had my guy switch em and balance with new u joints. My neighbor has a ranger with a 302 gt40 crate with a 75 shot, and we've been helping each other, but long story short we're gonna run each other as soon as both of us are ready.

Attachments

• 20161206_165723.jpg
    20161206_165723.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 203
Reactions: 3 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Playing with the carb and did a few hits around the hood with the 8.5 and 3.73's. What a difference. Need to replace my power valve on the primary side and put new shocks in, but progress is being made. The yoke on the 442 driveshaft was rusty so had my guy switch em and balance with new u joints. My neighbor has a ranger with a 302 gt40 crate with a 75 shot, and we've been helping each other, but long story short we're gonna run each other as soon as both of us are ready.
Nice work, how much did the 8.5 run you. I'm looking for one :)

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Nice work, how much did the 8.5 run you. I'm looking for one :)
ELKMEANO sold me an all original one out of an 85 442 with the driveshaft for less than $900 shipped from Charlotte nc, to south Florida. Just had to fill it with fluid, and run it.

Reactions: 1 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Man when I'm at work this late bro I'm bouncing at a local club lol. It's hard to multi task when someone is smashing a bottle on your head. What do you do?

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Damn dog dislike?
That was an error I thought I hit like.I'm at work multi-tasking lol. That is nice work ur doing and it's also a plus working with someone who know a thing or two.
Man when I'm at work this late bro I'm bouncing at a local club lol. It's hard to multi task when someone is smashing a bottle on your head. What do you do?
I am machine operator in a Denim Mill and Heavy Equipment Operator. I only have time in between watching my job, when I'm caught up!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada

Love the car...but it looks like you're missing a few lug nuts in that pic.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Love the car...but it looks like you're missing a few lug nuts in that pic.
Thanks. Just 1... one of the lugs is cut on the other side so I just put 4 on each rear. It's not really going anywhere. I have the ARP extended studs to put in, but I'm gonna wait to put them in the new axles and rotors.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor