"Unofficial 88 Cutlass build thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
It's like a shock tower brace supposedly stiffens up the rear eliminating body flex. I don't know how effective it is but they came on grand nationals and there are some aftermarket kits for g bodies. I figured $20 and some time I could make something instead of $100 and use something that everybody else has. Like I said idk how effective it really is but at least it solidified the rear seat area and I think looks pretty cool. I used 6 preexisting holes and put metal spacers in them and the drilled holes on the bars are the size of the bolts. So, when I do actually get to take it to the track and launch there is no room for play so it will either break somewhere or do it's job. I don't care about cornering just reducing flex as much as I can to maximize power getting to the ground.

Reactions: 1 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
It's like a shock tower brace supposedly stiffens up the rear eliminating body flex. I don't know how effective it is but they came on grand nationals and there are some aftermarket kits for g bodies. I figured $20 and some time I could make something instead of $100 and use something that everybody else has. Like I said idk how effective it really is but at least it solidified the rear seat area and I think looks pretty cool. I used 6 preexisting holes and put metal spacers in them and the drilled holes on the bars are the size of the bolts. So, when I do actually get to take it to the track and launch there is no room for play so it will either break somewhere or do it's job. I don't care about cornering just reducing flex as much as I can to maximize power getting to the ground.
Ok I can see how that may work. I hope that it does, do its job, and it does look cool.

Reactions: 1 user

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
8.5 going in finally. Yoke on the driveshaft is corroded and won't slide on to transmission so taking them to the driveshaft shop to swap yokes, new u joints and balance

Attachments

• 20161128_123648.jpg
    20161128_123648.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
42238-735b954b756d94e256eb9dfd14ba0d45.jpg

What is this rear tire size? 275/60/15?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
What backspace on your rear wheels? Looks killer.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor