vaccum port

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I cant answer your question but is there a vacuum line routing diagram on the fan shroud?

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
I am having a hard time telling which one you are talking about there. I had a similar port on my GP, but that was a SBC. The only line i can think of right now went back to the vaccum modulator on the trans.

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
PICT0066-2.jpg

can this one go to the carb? cause what you see in the pic it's hooked up to the vacuum ball for heat but i changed things to what the manual said from the firewall Grey line to the water heater, and the other line to the vacuum ball, and there suppose to be a line going from the vacuum ball to the small engine port on the driver side.. so i did that, but i'm not sure where the BIG vacuum port hooks up to, is it suppose to go where my arrows point to in the pic?

joeairforce

Master Mechanic
May 30, 2008
Wright-Patterson AFB - Dayton, OH
Cutty1 said:
PICT0066-2.jpg

can this one go to the carb? cause what you see in the pic it's hooked up to the vacuum ball for heat but i changed things to what the manual said from the firewall Grey line to the water heater, and the other line to the vacuum ball, and there suppose to be a line going from the vacuum ball to the small engine port on the driver side.. so i did that, but i'm not sure where the BIG vacuum port hooks up to, is it suppose to go where my arrows point to in the pic?

That port that looks like a bolt that your arrows are pointing to goes to a checkvalve, and vacuum ball for the cruise control......... the other small line at the back of the carb that your pointing to goes to the switch for the EGR and other emissions stuff............ at least it does on my car.........

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
That port that looks like a bolt that your arrows are pointing to goes to a checkvalve, and vacuum ball for the cruise control......... the other small line at the back of the carb that your pointing to goes to the switch for the EGR and other emissions stuff............ at least it does on my car.........[/quote]

where is the check vavle?

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
if you can post pic not sure what's the same with yours an mine cause mine is an 80. right now i just got it plugged with a screw till i can find out where the hell it went

joeairforce

Master Mechanic
May 30, 2008
Wright-Patterson AFB - Dayton, OH
My bad..... its also A tee that supplys the vacuum to the heater control doors.... here a couple of pics though......

(my camera sucks......but ignore the blue engine..... i thought it would look better than the black when I put it back in....... i'm gonna repaint it back black next time I have it out)

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
better pics for help?

here some pics to show alittle better where the hell the hose should go , if anyone has the same motor any help will be helpful thanks, the other arrows showing the other lines that are vacuum as well.. but i just dont know where the big one went?

PICT0063-2.jpg

PICT0064.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor