Went for a highway trip today

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
And I learnt how to use the Speed Tracker App on my phone and tracked my trip today.
I topped off the gas at my local Petro Can before I left and filled up at the same place on the way back.
I tracked my mileage from that location both ways.
Off to Princess Auto I went for solder,wire and a few other miscellaneous goodies.Speeding almost all the way except for getting behind two slow cars that it took a few minutes to get around.I hit top speed of almost 160 kph,or 100 mph at one spot and 130-140 kph,80-88 mph,a couple of times.
My average fuel mileage was 15 mpg.
I thought that considering I'm driving a 650 HP big block,with no overdrive and a big 850 double pumper carb,that wasnt too bad.
Fingers crossed that the price of gas dosent skyrocket ...
Guy

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am thinking my new 565 will not do that well for mileage.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
  • Creative
Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
  • Winner

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
I converted my Imperial MPG to US MPG and it works out to 12.5 MPG for any of my American friends.
Guy

Nov 4, 2012
I never calculate fuel mileage on any of my V8 cars or trucks, because I find it a little annoying when people ask me "How's the gas mileage?" as if its the most important thing to consider when driving a 20 or 30 year old vehicle. I think I find it annoying because everyone on my mom's side of the family are penny pinchers in all the wrong ways. So I always reply "I dunno, I just put gas in it when it's empty."

Ignorance is bliss.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My GP can get 25+ mpg on the highway but some people I know think it's a gas guzzler and brag about how much mpg they get with their new car. So I ask them how much they paid for the car, how much they put down, how much is financed and at what rate. Then I look up what their car is selling for used. Then I ask them how many cars they have gone through in the last 12 years while I have owned my GP and what were their losses on each of the cars. By then they get the idea what it cost them to save money on gas.

Last edited:

Mike T

Greasemonkey
Mar 25, 2018
Baton Rouge, LA
I agree with pontiacgp, a lot of people treat low gas mileage as the Holy Grail of driving a car. Some people really don't think of a car as anything more than a way to get from point a to point b. Then there are those of us who find the act of putting together something unique to who we are and then using that as a way to get around. I feel fortunate to be one of those because it makes the act of driving something to be enjoyed instead of an experience that for most is an inconvenience.

• Agree

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I agree with pontiacgp, a lot of people treat low gas mileage as the Holy Grail of driving a car. Some people really don't think of a car as anything more than a way to get from point a to point b. Then there are those of us who find the act of putting together something unique to who we are and then using that as a way to get around. I feel fortunate to be one of those because it makes the act of driving something to be enjoyed instead of an experience that for most is an inconvenience.
What? That's insanity!!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor