What did you buy for your G body today? [2016-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RG383Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2015
63C04B74-A66C-4FB1-87FF-FB99089F6E7C.jpeg New set of Big Block Olds ARH headers.
1-7/8 with 3” collectors. Going to be replacing the Hooker Super Comps currently installed.

Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Got these sweet a$$ valve covers from Fleming442!! Just what I need for my 455 install. :D:D Where's my sandblaster??
View attachment 96834
You didn't say you wanted them blasted; could have done that for a nominal fee...:mrgreen:
Seriously, I'd be careful with that because of the way the baffles are. Flush with LOTS of water and compressed air!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Been awhile since I installed the LED headlights. Didn't drive in full darkness for several weeks. I live in a relatively urban area with stretches of road where there are no lights. The low beams are so much of an improvement over the stock lights. The brights are so powerful they are unusable if any cars are coming towards me. Incredibly bright. And I got middle of the road LED's and not the expensive ones. Completely blinds pedestrians walking along the side of the road. They stop and cover their eyes, on low beams.

Yeah I told ya, and actually I finally fired all of mine up and swear it seemed like daylight out(not that it shows very well in the pic).
20181001_203109.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Been awhile since I installed the LED headlights. Didn't drive in full darkness for several weeks. I live in a relatively rural area with stretches of road where there are no lights. The low beams are so much of an improvement over the stock lights. The brights are so powerful they are unusable if any cars are coming towards me. Incredibly bright. And I got middle of the road LED's and not the expensive ones. Completely blinds pedestrians walking along the side of the road. They stop and cover their eyes, on low beams.

Thats why I like a patterned beam with my HIDs, they don't bother the pedestrians or other drivers but really light up the road.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Thats why I like a patterned beam with my HIDs, they don't bother the pedestrians or other drivers but really light up the road.
They are so bright I am going to adjust them down more than normal. They have excellent coverage but don't have a tightly focused beam.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
You didn't say you wanted them blasted; could have done that for a nominal fee...:mrgreen:
Seriously, I'd be careful with that because of the way the baffles are. Flush with LOTS of water and compressed air!

Well aware of that. I'll tape off the internal side. Just want to strip the outside of the cover.

Hutch

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I bought this today to replace my VDO tach....
AutoMeter+Monster+Tachometer+8000+RPM+5++Sport+Comp_L.jpg

and I have reduced it to this to fit into my GP dash where the stock tach is placed....

IMG_20181005_212305.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Does power tools to work on the car count? Picked up a Porter Cable 10" miter saw & a metal cutting wheel. Instructions said not to use cutting metal due to fire hazards but it makes a cool spark fountain out the dust collector port (didn't used the collector bag, I'm not that much of a dumb blonde but not far off.) After I'm finished ruining it with metal cutting I'll use it for some wood work for inside of the garage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor