Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Flowkooler #1527 water pump

Reactions: 3 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
the mount is on the driver's side and I will not have any issues mounting AD244. The CS130 is a small case so I don't know what bracket you are using, I ran a CS130 with no issues with the fit.

this is the style I am using now that you find on trucks and you will notice how high the alternator sits. The camaro style sits on an angle which positions the alternator lower.

serp05-240x215.jpg
Huh.. I wasn’t aware that there were 2 different heights of those brackets. I think I got mine off of a truck so that was probably the issue.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Just ordered a new window motor for my passenger door. The other day when I backed my car out the original motor could barely lift the glass!
I changed the driver side out maybe 12 years ago, pretty impressed really it's 33 years old. Hell the motor in my work truck died in 2 years!

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Which is exactly why I need to use them!
I can feel Fleming442 gnashing his teeth from here!
🤣🤣🤣

Thanks Jared. All joking aside, I actually do think they’ll be pretty cool on the car. Especially if I can do them up right. Try and make them look like they might’ve been a rare factory option or something.

I don’t think I’m gonna fill the pinholes and get into a bunch of sanding etc again, I’m thinking more just bead blast them real well, clean them up, paint and send them. But that could change too, I guess we’ll see.
The Nascar!!!!!

Seriously, that's where they came from, after Olds quit making race blocks.
There's a guy here that worked out of Trimble's shop that was building an 82 Cutlass, and he had a full tilt boogie SB2 with those on it. Can't find the pic....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Huh.. I wasn’t aware that there were 2 different heights of those brackets. I think I got mine off of a truck so that was probably the issue.

the CS144 hits the hood with the truck bracket and the guys with the Camaros talk about upgrading to the large case and never mentioned a problem so I did a little research and saw the difference in the brackets. I din't know about the difference either until a few days ago.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
$3.99 turn signal flasher :p

Reactions: 1 user

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Scored 2 brand new nexen tires for the front of my Cutlass for $60. They were mounted on fox body mustang ten hole wheels in great shape. I hope to clean up and flip the wheels. gonna ask $50 for the wheels, one is super clean, the other has flaking clear that I'll remove. The center caps are even mint.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
$3.99 turn signal flasher :p

why didn't you switch your defective one with the one in your brother's car. Then you can look good by figuring out his problem and he can buy a new one...it's a win win.... :popcorn:

• Haha

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

the part just showed up and the way the alternator is going to sit it will be much lower than with the bracket I have now... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor