What did you buy for your G body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just ordered a couple of 1979 Seville calipers for the GP. I have the low drag calipers now and the manual brake does not like them. The low drag calipers had a 2.75" diameter piston while the non low drag calipers have a 3" piston. The reason I ordered the Seville calipers is they only came on the 1978 and 79 which is before the low drag calipers showed up. If I ordered the 1978 or 79 Camaro calipers they could send me the 80's and up which fit but are low drag calipers and I'd have to send them back. The brand I got from Rockauto are rebuilt calipers by a US company that does their work in the US and they have good reviews. In the end the pair of calipers will be a few dollars cheaper than 1 premium chinese Napa rebuilt caliper.....

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
nothing, I'm looking for the 4 wire plug for the AD244 but scrap yards are close for a civic holiday, it's not like they weren't closed for weeks with covid-19 so I guess they really needed another day off.....I took a trip the Part Source and surprisingly they had the 4 wire plug, in fact they still have it, they wanted $60 plus tax..... :mad:

I'll pick one up at the scrap yard tomorrow for $5....:popcorn:

• Wow
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I bought the alternator plug at my favorite yard for $5. It has 2 wires that are in the correct configuration in the plug for the AD244 but the wires are really thin, looks like a 22 gauge....I'm hoping to remove the connectors and slide the connectors from the plug I am using for the CS144 or do you guys think I'm ok with the leads of the "new" plug.... :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 users

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
Fun Fun
20200706_205801.jpg
20200706_205459.jpg
u

Reactions: 6 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I bought the alternator plug at my favorite yard for $5. It has 2 wires that are in the correct configuration in the plug for the AD244 but the wires are really thin, looks like a 22 gauge....I'm hoping to remove the connectors and slide the connectors from the plug I am using for the CS144 or do you guys think I'm ok with the leads of the "new" plug.... :popcorn:
Should be fine; they just need enough juice to turn the regulator on.

Reactions: 2 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
A Sanden 508 A/C compressor

Reactions: 2 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Flemming says they should be OK, but why cut them if you can slide them into the "new" plug.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Flemming says they should be OK, but why cut them if you can slide them into the "new" plug.

I checked with the local speed shop but my friend doesn't have the connectors that small. He said the wires should be good to go as is. I'm pretty sure the L wire on the CS144 is the same connector as what's in the "new" plug but the S connector has a larger connector so I'll just used the wire that is in the "new" plug to go to the B terminal on the alternator. My calipers are supposed to show up tomorrow so I'll change the alternator and then do the brakes tomorrow... :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You can get Metri-pak pins off Amazon if you can wait a day. Get the crimper, too.

I'm going to put it in tomorrow and see what happens, they are just sensing wires so they don't carry much current but if those wires don't work I'll do an LS conversion.... :popcorn:

and for the Metri-pak on amazon up here... Currently unavailable. .... :unsure:

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor