What did you buy for your G body today? [2019]

melloelky

melloelky

Royal Smart Person
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Alright, after test fitting the hoses I'm super pleased with the upper one. It fits and looks perfect. However, the lower one has too big of an ID on the water pump side. If I trimmed the other end it would fit perfect, but there is a 1/8" gap around the thermostat housing...I think that's too much for a clamp to grab it securely. For some reason my new phone won't attach pics on here which sucks until I figure that out.

Upper hose PN: Gates 23460
what about putting a gates power grip clamp as a sleeve on the thermostat housing,shrink it,and fit the hose over it.that'll take @least "1/16 per side that you need to make up.yes those clamps are dependable and work well.food for thought.

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
what about putting a gates power grip clamp as a sleeve on the thermostat housing,shrink it,and fit the hose over it.that'll take @least "1/16 per side that you need to make up.yes those clamps are dependable and work well.food for thought.
That's a decent idea. Actually, I think I still have an adapter on my old stealth ram intake in the basement. I'll report back in a bit.

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Since Scott is having troubles posting pics up from his new phone, I’ll help him out.

Here’s his pics:

View attachment 108436

View attachment 108437

That upper fits like a glove Scott!!
Donovan, thanks for posting these pics for me. My Galaxy S6 did just fine adding pics, this S9+ is being stubborn (highly likely it's operator error!).

O

oldsmobile joe

G-Body Guru
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Donovan, thanks for posting these pics for me. My Galaxy S6 did just fine adding pics, this S9+ is being stubborn (highly likely it's operator error!).
its possible the pixel count is too high. i had to dumb down my s7 for the pics to go thru.

O

oldsmobile joe

G-Body Guru
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Alright, after test fitting the hoses I'm super pleased with the upper one. It fits and looks perfect. However, the lower one has too big of an ID on the water pump side. If I trimmed the other end it would fit perfect, but there is a 1/8" gap around the thermostat housing...I think that's too much for a clamp to grab it securely. For some reason my new phone won't attach pics on here which sucks until I figure that out.

Upper hose PN: Gates 23460
i've heard the lower hose off a ford econoline van straight 6 will fit. gates 20734. i have not personally confirmed this. but am hoping to later this year.

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
i've heard the lower hose off a ford econoline van straight 6 will fit. gates 20734. i have not personally confirmed this. but am hoping to later this year.
That's the exact PN I have saved in a cart. I just modified the lower hose...added a silicone adapter to thermostat housing, trimmed a few inches off which definitely means I own it now!!!
Gates 21615.

Rktpwrd

Rktpwrd

Royal Smart Person
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My pleasure Scott.
👍🏻

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Bought me a rivnut gun so I can mount the new shifter(still need it) without using bolts/nuts. Also got my throttle body silicone coupler in. Whooped from work so lack of motivation tonight though.