What did you buy for your G body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Good choice, I have one in my Cutlass, custom modded to work in a Monte console, controlling a 2500 van 4L80E lol.....
20200530_210045.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Ordered a CS144 alternator and adaptor to upgrade mine in the Monte Carlo. The regulator in my alternator are going bad so I figured now is a good time for this upgrade. Thanks RockAuto for the forum promo code! 30+ years hasn't been the nicest to these old parts. If this is the stock alternator, Im proud of it for even lasting this long. Also got some wire wheels and spray paint. Gunna clean up my battery tray and spray it. Nothing fancy, just looking to get rid of all the old flaky paint on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
A 2 year registration sticker for the Monte, I am going for a drive tomorrow.

Reactions: 7 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Went to the wrecking yard again today, still looking for the passenger side power mirror motor that fits the Monte mirror frames. Found a pair of the older oval sport mirrors with manual remote cable controls, got them just because. Also pulled a different style of mirror motors from an '03 and an '05 Impala. The '03 gave me the driver side, and the '05 gave me the passenger side. Very similar mount pattern to the Monte mirrors. The motors unit is circular shaped, the mount pattern is a bit smaller than the Monte, but I think that an adapter bracket can be made to attach them to the Monte frames. They may be slightly too large of motor though for the adjusting movements. Not sure when I might get around to attempting an adapter bracket.
Will make an attempt to get pics tomorrow in the daylight of the mirrors.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
$281.04 for a pair of 235/60/15 Coopers from summit.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor