What did you buy for your G body today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is the vortec headed SBC then yes, those would be it. That block started with the centerbolt valve covers and one piece rear main, then went to vortec heads. They should be the same dogbones.
The ones I have are from a pre-Vortec roller 305/350.

Picked-up a 2nd GEN f-body shifter in case I decide to use one of those consoles. I'm on the fence on the direction but this was a want if going w/the f-body console.
I have the B & M Megashifter in both my Monte and my Regal with the 2nd gen Fbody console but on the Regal I modified a Monte SS handle to blend in better and look more "stock".
I like how it locks into gear especially for the Monte with a reverse manual valve body, I just bang it forward as I slow down.
IMG_1457.JPG
IMG_20211226_230920475.jpg

I have the B & M Megashifter in both my Monte and my Regal with the 2nd gen Fbody console but on the Regal I modified a Monte SS handle to blend in better and look more "stock".
I like how it locks into gear especially for the Monte with a reverse manual valve body, I just bang it forward as I slow down.
View attachment 190769View attachment 190770
Images from your cars are some I've frequently referenced.

I like the look enough.... Just not 100% committed yet. In 2020, I picked-up a beat-up $5 console I found @ the local parts yard I frequent. I cut it in half to get a feel for how well the front fits/seats under the bottom of the g-body dash. It will ultimately depend on what 'look' I decide. I do feel these f-body consoles 'match' the era look well enough but not a fan of most aftermarket shifters for them. I like the 'nothing to see here' approach. If I was doing 3-pedals, I'd be fine w/the factory g-body console. The automatic shifter version for them is No-Bueno for me though.

I'm also keeping an eye out for correct 78/79 g-bucket seats as well as a potential 2nd option 69-70 A-body buckets. I might do an earlier GM vibe.... We'll see what I find 1st @ the right price.

Reactions: Rktpwrd and Wraith
New gauges for the Bonneville, thanks to member Jacsin65.

DCD92263-9787-4598-AEA5-6054DE6EFCA3.jpeg

Picked-up a 2nd GEN f-body shifter in case I decide to use one of those consoles. I'm on the fence on the direction but this was a want if going w/the f-body console.

*Not my video*

Another part I tossed in the move. Sheesh.

Yeah, about that box. It did not survive the FedEx experience, despite the HEAVY sticker on the side of the tape ball, er, box. Hopefully RA has the second rotor and the brake pads in the mail soon. Now I have to go unlock the Coupe thread and maybe install the Blazer spindles.
Missing parts arrived. No arguments, RA just got the replacements on the road hours after filing the report. I like doing business with them.
883FC2EB-4224-4A6E-B194-2920A02A33D1.jpeg
F711F9D1-5A00-4DD5-9B6A-0DD9BB78DC09.jpeg
9DD7B444-D0F3-452B-8C9C-06DF34987A85.jpeg
Just realized that I need the slide pins and boots.

The adapter brackets - research or design from scratch. Not a lot of ready options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor