pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
SilverShadow87 said:
pontiacgp said:
SilverShadow87 said:
finished up the box minus plexiglass and fabric

I hope your car is different from the GP where to remove the rear light assembly to replace a bulb you get to the fasteners from inside the trunk
just the same. this box comes apart very easily :wink: i design all of them that are similar to this so that theyre held in by only a few screws

what happens after the carpet is put on? and how much do all this weigh?

DeltaDevil88

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2011
Dallas,TX
Tomorrow plan on doing a couple things on my ride with my dude Dragonist.

1. Change a old 02 sensor (prob will rent sensor socket from AZ)
2. Make a small adjustment to my new and freshly painted rear filler panel to make it fit flush with body.
3. Install new and freshly painted front filler panels.
4. Install new raptor dark walnut wood grain steering wheel.

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
got the plexiglass and LEDs in, now just to get it engraved
2012-08-26090510.jpg

2012-08-26091605.jpg

2012-08-25223034.jpg

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Silvershadow87: im next in line!!! Good job bro!!

Today i installed my CS130 alt, so far so good... Nice lite upgrade, no more lossing volts at idle and cranks..lol

5A24EC15-911B-4487-BA68-4DE2F5FB4548-2632-000001D0EC70C8E2.jpg

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
gbodyparts.com trunk carpet custom blue Hurst Olds

Attachments

• IMAG1956.jpg
    IMAG1956.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 796
  • IMAG1954.jpg
    IMAG1954.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 778
  • IMAG1957.jpg
    IMAG1957.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 798
  • IMAG1955.jpg
    IMAG1955.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 785

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
was out for a cruise on a 2 lane road in the country today doing 55 to 60 when the right front corner banged real loud and the corner dropped, right front tire locked up and turned the car right heading for a safety barrier. I cranked the wheel as hard as I could to the left and missed the barrier. If I touched the brakes it pulled to the right so I had to let the right front tire bring the car to a stop. I was able to keep it about 18" off the barrier. and it skidded for over a 100 yards before it stopped. You could see the black mark from the tire which turned to grey when the rubber was gone and the steel belts were exposed and worn thru. The lower ball joint had broken, it's apparent that it was over torqued but I use truck ball joints and they were not over torqued, they are a 7/16 thread. So china got me again it seems. A provincial police officer arrived and asked what happened and was nice to hand around making sure no one rear ended me. She said I was lucky I was able to turn the car before it hit the barrier. With the right front wheel jambed the steering wheel would hardly turn to the left.

I called a couple of guys from the race team and they showed up with a generator and a grinder with a cutting wheel to cut the tack weld used to keep the ball joint in place. They brought me a new ball joint so I installed that and put the rear tire on so the flat spotted tire would go in the rear. Drove the car to the shop where my Jeep is parked so I can weld in my ball joint tomorrow and order up some new tires and get another wheel alignment. So I'm in my Jeep for a day or two but at least my car isn't a wreck, that safety barrier would have destroyed my car

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Damn! Good job keeping off that guardrail. Now that has to be the first time I have ever heard of someone fixing a busted ball joint on the side of the road. I guess all that racing/pit crew stuff paid off?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that's what racing does to you, everything is fixable and there is a way to do it as long as it's mechanical...I do need to work out tho, tugging on that wheel stained my back a little..and keeping it off the guardrail was more desperation and reflexes kicking in than anything else, I'm sure you know what I mean...8)

joeairforce

Master Mechanic
May 30, 2008
Wright-Patterson AFB - Dayton, OH
Finally got around to messing with the column again and after carefully looking at the exploded view of it in the shop manual put it back together.... Apparently when I took it apart 6-7 years ago to tighten up the tilt mechanism I had put the upper bearing inner race back in the wrong side.... I figure it just lasted the way it did for as long is the lack of driving the car... Got it back together the RIGHT way now it the wheel is nice and tight again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor