What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
took it for a 3.5 hrs cruise with the wife and kids..... but as always with old cars something broke. In my case it was the exhaust hanger clip that holds up the exhaust tips under the bumper on the DS that broke. The last hour every bump I hit the exhaust was banging around and drawing too much of my attention. I limped it home and it should be a quick fix with the welder some night after work this week.
While on the drive we popped into an open-house up Orangeville way. Nice 4 bdrm bungalo on 2 acres with an extra wide 2 car garage attached to the house. On the house tour I asked to see the garage ( this takes some real estate agents by surprise for some reason ) and when she flicked on the light there was a Burgandy 442 sitting in there under a car cover :eek:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Slapped on her shoes, washed her, alittle wax, cleaned the wheels, and test drove for a good hour, and man i love the attention...detailed the engine bay, man she was dirty!!!! Dust all ove tyhe place...

There was a "Chevyholic" Gbody Run today, got invited, but chicked out, i just dont feel like shes ready for her first apperence... Theres a cpl more things i want to do to her, then show up to a Run and watch all the jaws drop!! Hahaha, so i did a little walk around vid.. Nothing special...

[youtube]5__MwkCKQ_g[/youtube]

Big Saint
80zbabiez

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
finished up the box minus plexiglass and fabric
2012-08-22124445.jpg

2012-08-22124139.jpg

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Finally got to fix the exhaust hanger and it ended up taking me an hour and a half. Had to take it bracket off because both bolts broke. Then while it was apart it got a quick clean and paint, replace both broken bolts ( fishing the new one thru the frame was fun :) ). The welding part only took about 10 mins LOL

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
SilverShadow87 said:
2012-08-22124445.jpg

I hope your car is different from the GP where to remove the rear light assembly to replace a bulb you get to the fasteners from inside the trunk

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
I finally got around to replacing my entire dash. the original was severely cracked. Last summer I got one from a 84 bonneville that was in great shape. Over the last 3 days I cleaned and painted it with SEM paint, removed the old dash and installed the new one. while I was there I also replaced the silver faced idiot lights with the proper gauges along with installing a clock in the empty pod beside the speedo. Looks nice.
Dean

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
pontiacgp said:
SilverShadow87 said:

I hope your car is different from the GP where to remove the rear light assembly to replace a bulb you get to the fasteners from inside the trunk
just the same. this box comes apart very easily :wink: i design all of them that are similar to this so that theyre held in by only a few screws

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I pushed it home 2 miles after my accelerator pump took a sh*t :cry: Amazing that this happens a week before the only local car show I can make it to is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor