What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
changed oil,cleaned my carb some and tuned the idle...need to adjust valves here soon and get wire looms to clean under hood some...gonna wash it 2moro

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
pontiacgp said:
that's what racing does to you, everything is fixable and there is a way to do it as long as it's mechanical...I do need to work out tho, tugging on that wheel stained my back a little..and keeping it off the guardrail was more desperation and reflexes kicking in than anything else, I'm sure you know what I mean...8)

Good save none the less, never had a ball joint let loose, but I lost a front wheel from a jeep a while back (not my rig, I was driving for a tired friend), not a fun ride.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks, I think it helps to have driven in the snow in the winters to deal with stuff like this, plus I still play with my car so it's not always under control and I always seem to manage to get it back .....and for today my BFG comp2 tires came in so I had them mounted, tack weded the new ball joint and got the wheel alignment done again so I'm good to go.. :D

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I got my QJet back today and put it on. The guy that rebuilt it said it had a bad float, the accelerator pump was shot and he made some adjustments and mods with a dremmel. Before I tried to start it I took my plugs out and turns out they were fouled out so I have to wait until tomarow to get new ones. Hopefully after the new plugs are in I can get it done in time for the show this saturday.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I dropped the new rear sway bar bracket in the trunk and walked away.

OCS

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2012
MN
recovered and installed the headliner
replaced the ugly(imo) :puke: pillowtop seats with some that I found in a 78-9 regal at a nearby picknpull
2012-09-02_13-07-25_968.jpg

before:
2012-08-20_15-17-00_461.jpg

after:
2012-09-02_13-06-52_149.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor