What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I burnt off some unnecessary rubber in a church parking lot :twisted: First time I've had it out in 2 weeks!

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I ground 25 years rust off the new-to-me swaybar and gave it a coat of paint ( all before 10am ! )

aint_no_half_stephen

Greasemonkey
Aug 10, 2006
Akron, Oh.
Yesterday, went to summit racing and got a b&m hammer shifter for the gp. Today I will attempt to install it, along with finishing up wiring , radiator, and exhaust.

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
I pulled at least 30 lbs out of the car. It's a fun challenge for me, to remove weight from the car without comprimising how it feels to drive.

I pulled the front bumper off in search of needless weight. I noticed a bunch of metal plates on the front bumper cover...looked like they were there to help things stay straight. I removed them. Also the shim plates between the bumper mounts and bumper....so heavy. Also cut the over-axle tailpipes off and replaced them with downturns, and I removed (unbolted) all the factory hanger mounts. Goodbye, another 30 lbs :)

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
I installed my new fuel tank, new carpet, newly reupholstered seats, and finally my new headliner material will be installed shortly. Don't worry....pics to follow tonight!!! :mrgreen:

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Installed new rear shocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
Well, I put in the sway bar in front! Since 1996 I have only had the original V6 1980 sway bar. It was crap. Let me tell ya!

I took a sway bar out of a late 80's early 90's Camaro from the junk yard. I was not sure of the size but i think it is 32mm and hallow since it SOUND hallow when I tap it with a hammer. It is a lot lighter than the skinny one as big around as my thumb that I took out.

I bought some Energy Suspention end links and body mount bushings. I bought the greasable bushings.

Results....
OH MY FRAKIN' GOODNESS!!!

What a difference. I go around corners with hardly any lean at all. It holds the road. It is an all around different car now. It handles like my 2006 VW Jetta! I highly recommend the F Body bar. I know that there is bigger than 32MM available, but for $30 at the junk yard, plus $24 for the bushings and $8 for the end links, it was WELL worth the 3 hours total labor.

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
speedkills80 said:
I installed my new fuel tank, new carpet, newly reupholstered seats, and finally my new headliner material will be installed shortly. Don't worry....pics to follow tonight!!! :mrgreen:

It's tonight and here are the pics!!

malibuinterior1.jpg

topdog017.jpg

interiorandfueltank001.jpg

interiorandfueltank004.jpg

interiorandfueltank006.jpg

interior014.jpg

interior004.jpg

interior006.jpg

interiorandfueltank022.jpg

interiorandfueltank015.jpg

interiorandfueltank011.jpg

interiorandfueltank018.jpg

interiorandfueltank021.jpg

interiorandfueltank024.jpg

interiorandfueltank025.jpg

interior008.jpg

interior010.jpg

interior009.jpg

interiorandfueltank050.jpg

interiorandfueltank052.jpg

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Installed new rear axle seals on the Monte, new front wheel bearings and front ball joints on the wife's 2005 VW GLI. It was a busy day in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor