What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed to get to Brooklyn for some boat lumber and it shuddered all the way. As soon as I got home I yanked the carb for a rebuild. Found a shredded vacuum cap that was probably causing the trouble. Rebuilt the carb anyway, runs much better now. I also found an R-134a adapter on the high side leaking, so fixed that too, and topped off the freon.

anthonychacon80 said:
Well, I put in the sway bar in front! Since 1996 I have only had the original V6 1980 sway bar. It was crap. Let me tell ya!

I took a sway bar out of a late 80's early 90's Camaro from the junk yard. I was not sure of the size but i think it is 32mm and hallow since it SOUND hallow when I tap it with a hammer. It is a lot lighter than the skinny one as big around as my thumb that I took out.

I bought some Energy Suspention end links and body mount bushings. I bought the greasable bushings.

Results....
OH MY FRAKIN' GOODNESS!!!

What a difference. I go around corners with hardly any lean at all. It holds the road. It is an all around different car now. It handles like my 2006 VW Jetta! I highly recommend the F Body bar. I know that there is bigger than 32MM available, but for $30 at the junk yard, plus $24 for the bushings and $8 for the end links, it was WELL worth the 3 hours total labor.

this sounds interesting.. i'd like to do this on my 80 regal. did you get new bushings for a g body or did you have to order f body ones? i'd like to know what to get so i can do this to mine too!

I stripped and repowder coated my valve covers. Didn't like the chrome look powder that I had on them. Just need to finish the other cover and move on to the intake.

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

BADLUK said:
this sounds interesting.. i'd like to do this on my 80 regal. did you get new bushings for a g body or did you have to order f body ones? i'd like to know what to get so i can do this to mine too!
x2! I have access to a few 80s F bodies and I might be doing this upgrade.

-83MONTESS- said:
BADLUK said:

X3. I need to do this so bad!

I finally found a air cleaner that fit with my high rise intake.Had to settle with the edelbrock proflo 1000 (the little triangle deal).I put it on and it barely fits.Im gonna change the header exhaust gaskets,switch out door locks and maybe fix the shifter linkage and straighten out the power steering pump tomorrow............then still gotta change the brakes,A frame bushings,trunk pan and back springs.

-83MONTESS- said:
BADLUK said:

The f-bodies came with a few different sizes in front sway bars so you need to measure it. The one I have is 34mm, but they can be found in 36mm as well. IROC's and WS6 cars are the best source. You can get matching bushings from your local parts store for an F-body (Moog synthetic readily available) and you can retain your g-body brackets. The f-body brackets won't work.

Here's how the g-body swaybar brackets compare to the 34mm F-body. The rusty one is the G-body, painted one the F-body. You have to retain the G-body brackets when upgrading swaybars obviously.

1978GrandPrix130.jpg

1978GrandPrix131.jpg

1978GrandPrix132.jpg

1978GrandPrix133.jpg

drive it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor