What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I did however, find my problem...
#2 rod bearing had spun and locked itself together :?

side note: I think there was more oil on the outside of the motor then there was inside.... oddly enough, damage was only in the #1 & 2 rod bearings. all the mains looked great...

jdietschweiler

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2011
Janesville, Wi
Now its time to figure out why it did that ^^^^^^

Where is the oiling issue? Were you low on oil? Did the pump crap out on you? I know those 2 rods are the last to be oiled in an ls motor, unsure on sbc.

88cscb

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2013
PA
Had to purchase a new battery.......who would have thought the battery would give out once the weather actually warmed up! Another $83 bucks into it.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Blue Knight said:
Now its time to figure out why it did that ^^^^^^

Where is the oiling issue? Were you low on oil? Did the pump crap out on you? I know those 2 rods are the last to be oiled in an ls motor, unsure on sbc.

this one I'm keeping sbo... sure I'll get crap from the sbc guys for this! :rofl:

I bought the car like this, so unsure of what happened. inspection sticker in the window says it's due for one in dec of 2006, and found a for sale sign under the front seat stating that it needs engine work... like I stated, there was more oil on the outside than inside, and more oil came out of the filter than the oil pan... would say someone ran it low on oil, raced it and spun # 1 & 2. ordering new crank/rings/pump today.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
Nothing as dramatic as spun bearings, thank FSM.

Installed a stay-down license plate holder salvaged from an F-body. No more jamming the gas cap while refueling.

The car has been out of service since trying to install a Pypes cat-back that fits like sh*t. After accumulating some funds I'll be bringing the car to a muffler shop to get the right side tailpipe to fit properly. Pypes customer service is no longer replying. Thanks for nothing... There was some venting from other customers over at MCSSdotcom. There's clearly something up with their right side tailpipe and Pypes doesn't want to hear about it anymore.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
I had my new windshield and rear glass installed.

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 645
  • rear.JPG
    rear.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 641

vonclod

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2012
Delta B.C.
changed the wheels to my 16" centerlines and got the qa1,s in the rear along with belltech 1.5 drop springs, did the front pro coilover last month..springs didnt drop it at all maybee 1/4-1/2" higher than it was..front is ok but would like maybee another 1/2-3/4 drop and rear needs 2"

Attachments

• REGAL 065.jpg
    REGAL 065.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 601
  • REGAL 064.jpg
    REGAL 064.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 596
  • REGAL 057.jpg
    REGAL 057.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 599

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ordered sleeves for my lower A arms so I can use screw in ball joints, that'll let me use the low friction rebuildable ball joints with the stud length I want

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor