What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a Car show And sat in the AZ. heat. They did collect a lot of canned goods for the local food bank.

Attachments

• 72850_10201220134293860_594472490_n.jpg
    72850_10201220134293860_594472490_n.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 524
[quote="RunAwayNJ" It is the point where he told me I'd get a "review", but never in my life have I had to ask - I've always had employers come to me and offer it. Well I'll cross that off the to do list and keep my fingers crossed. Wish me luck! :blam:[/quote]

Yep always odd to justify your work/value to a boss. It sometimes is required. Good Luck

Got my new shifter in (bye bye column shift) still have to move my gauges around.
20130811_190851.jpg

And i picked up this last night...
20130811_213041.jpg

My tires, nitrous pressure switch, and uca relocation buckets should be in this week.

RunAwayNJ said:
.....it all depends on if my boss gives me the raise I asked for on Monday. If he does, I'll have the extra cash to get speakers and the subwoofer (and my wife's birthday present). If he doesn't, it will just have to wait. I don't know if anyone out there has ever asked for a raise before, but it was kind of uncomfortable. I went through the hassle of making a list of reasons why I earned it (and the dollar amount I was asking for), with printed back up to justify each point. It is the point where he told me I'd get a "review", but never in my life have I had to ask - I've always had employers come to me and offer it. Well I'll cross that off the to do list and keep my fingers crossed. Wish me luck! :blam:

Good luck! These days, you have to ask for a raise because the notion of spending more on labor because it might pay off in production or sales just doesn't fit the business model anymore.

instro84 said:
Installed my new relic power window regulators.
I need to replace both mine. Got new ones just don't want to take the time to put them in, looks like its going to be a job, probley wait till the winter and do it then, don't want to do any thing that is going to take away from my cruise and strip time :wink:

Since my boss kind of avoided me today regarding the raise question I never ordered the parts I need to finish the radio install (or my wife's birthday present). So instead I used whatever existing parts I had to start work on the switch panel. I cut out a piece of clear lexan, drilled the holes for the switches, and test mounted everything. That's as far as I got for now. Tomorrow, if all goes well, I'll order the speakers, some plastic wrap to make a 442 emblem on the panel, and my wife's birthday present (not in that order of course). Then I'll paint the lexan, wire it up, and hopefully have the radio in by the end of the weekend. Fingers crossed! Now I'm off to sell my kids on Ebay to fund the rest of this project!

Attachments

• 2013-08-11 19.06.39.jpg
    2013-08-11 19.06.39.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 826
RunAwayNJ said:
Since my boss kind of avoided me today regarding the raise question I never ordered the parts I need to finish the radio install (or my wife's birthday present). So instead I used whatever existing parts I had to start work on the switch panel. I cut out a piece of clear lexan, drilled the holes for the switches, and test mounted everything. That's as far as I got for now. Tomorrow, if all goes well, I'll order the speakers, some plastic wrap to make a 442 emblem on the panel, and my wife's birthday present (not in that order of course). Then I'll paint the lexan, wire it up, and hopefully have the radio in by the end of the weekend. Fingers crossed! Now I'm off to sell my kids on Ebay to fund the rest of this project!

Looking good!

CWPottenger said:
RunAwayNJ said:

Looking good!

That's nice.. Can you post a quick pic of the A/C controls that you mounted in the glove box..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor