What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Gold-Heart

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2014
Ft.Stewart, Ga
Bought a locking gas cap. I think it was a good buy. I installed it wrong and engaged the lock and pulled it to see if it would come out. To my surprise it wouldn't it come out fully with me tugging on it. It did come up a little bit but not enough to stick anything in the pipe to the tank. Bought it from advance auto for $16.

85Gold-Heart

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2014
Ft.Stewart, Ga
On Friday I drove her from SE GA to my home in DFW Texas. Im proud to say it only took $120 dollars to get here. I finished my trip here in one night the drive started at 12:30 p.m. eastern time and ended at 4 a.m. eastern. I stopped in Louisiana to take a 2 hr nap. Overall all im happy with the performance of the car, even after I got airborne in Alabama. The roads had a a lot of construction going on. Now I went to check my oil and found that I have a bad leak somewhere. So ill go get that checked out tomorrow . I looked up a mechanic shop by the name of B&B. Hopefully all goes well. If your in the DFW area and would like to meet to talk cars pm me.

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
well it's been a while since I posted on here , but here it goes. 2 weeks back went to a DYNO nite ( $50.00/ 3 pulls no tunning). was told my knock sensors pulled all my timing out @ 4300ish RPM.( that's why that stang pulled me at the big end @ drag strip)so took back to my tuner last week , was working on my fueling in the upper rpm range( gained 30 rwhp) and BANG ! out came the drive shaft, took out the transmission, the exhaust and fubar the pinion/ rear end. :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 451
  • IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 456

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
Doh! That blows! But hey, look at the bright side. At least you weren't hauling *ss down the track or on the street when it happened. That would just increase the chance for more carnage.

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
yes that is true, what we discussed on the ride back to the shop, . new transmission / rear end ( umm a 9'') are on the way, and will have a custom drive shaft built when i get it all put in. btw, a driveshaft safety loop would have kept the hole knocked out under the console from happening :( .

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
didnt do much at all this weekend too cold for my son to be out with me since i had him all weekend while the ole lady had to work but i did get a new impact and some other new tools for the coming 5.3L build after christmas. Only a few more peices and it'll be ready to go together =].

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
tc1959 you always ruin our winter progress with " took it to a carshow"..... :| I parked my GP last week for the winter and hate the cold weather!! BUT gotta admit your elco is sweet and I've been trying to talk my GF into moving to a place where it doesn't snow!

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
85GPLef41 said:
tc1959 you always ruin our winter progress with " took it to a carshow"..... :| I parked my GP last week for the winter and hate the cold weather!! BUT gotta admit your elco is sweet and I've been trying to talk my GF into moving to a place where it doesn't snow!
If it's any consolation, We park ours from the middle of June until the end of October. Because it is too hot here to even think about going to a car show. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor