What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CardboardHero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2011
More assembly on the GMC mutt. Started life as a gmc caballero, some Monte and Camino parts added, mixed in some old rallies, and used some cutlass parts. Dumped some Malibu doors on it...

Attachments

• 2015062995191655.jpg
    2015062995191655.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 205

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Changed the wiring harness for the fan and controls, the power wire clip broke and it worked intermittently and not at all yesterday when it rained all day. Then diagnosed my car alarm, it's an old Ungo S100 but it worked great until last night. Turned out to be the antenna wire and can't figure out why it tuned up bad, it has never been moved since I put the alarm in the car years ago. Glad to have it working again, it pops the trunk and when I lock the car it puts the windows but I still have to figure why the interior lights don't go on when I unlock the car and stay on for a few seconds after I lock it....

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Picked up a set of track wheels/tires. I paid $75 for all of them and I have a pair of Draglites for the slicks to match the skinnys. Might be selling all of these to fund a new transmission though :(
20150629_225732.jpeg

I also gutted an old power inverter that came with my truck to power the Playstation 2 that was in it. Yes you read that right. I took the innards out and used the top cover and sides to make a cover/heat shield for my power distribution lug and fan fuses I have mounted on the fire wall. Makes it look less ugly.
20150629_225715.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
I finally got a chance to fix the incorrect reading fuel gage. Dropped the tank to check the sending unit and to see how much gas was actually in there. I was hoping to find a build sheet on top of the tank, but no luck. Top of the tank was just as clean as the day it was installed new...well, almost. I could plainly see the Made in the USA in big blue letters. Ohmed the sending unit and it seemed to be working correctly. Swapped out the fuel gage with another I had and all seems well. First time I had been underneath it since I had bought it a few years back. You wouldn't believe how clean it is for a car that spent most of it's life in Kansas City. Undercoating on these cars really goes a long way or at least it did on mine.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Today, I ordered some parts.

Finally got the rear painted and together over the last few weekends.

What axle is that? Ford 8.8? The brackets are all different, but the ears on top look like a GN 8.5.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Today, I ordered some parts.

Finally got the rear painted and together over the last few weekends.
What axle is that? Ford 8.8? The brackets are all different, but the ears on top look like a GN 8.5.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Took out all bolts, etc... To remove the front clip on my 78 monte.. Leaving the bumper on as well.. Had to remove those bolts to pull clip forward enough to remove the radiator, then the shroud.... This thing will be on the rotisserie soon!!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Took out all bolts, etc... To remove the front clip on my 78 monte.. Leaving the bumper on as well.. Had to remove those bolts to pull clip forward enough to remove the radiator, then the shroud.... This thing will be on the rotisserie soon!!

make sure you make a note where all the shims were placed...

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
I've read so many posts on this topic I can't believe I actually did!!! Tagged and bagged all of them, I hope correctly... I'm also going to soak them in apple vinegar(cheap), to remove rust scale, etc... Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor