Not open for further replies.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dude, that's horrible!
:(
But if you look on the bright side, now you know exactly where the center of the carb is....
Perfect for cutting a hole for a fresh air scoop or a reason to get that cowl hood you've been eyeing...
;)

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Dude, that's horrible!
:(
But if you look on the bright side, now you know exactly where the center of the carb is....
Perfect for cutting a hole for a fresh air scoop or a reason to get that cowl hood you've been eyeing...
;)

Agreed, shitty deal, and I think I would have reacted the same after a long day.
Good idea for making something of it....maybe a member needs a hood with center located? Maybe take some measurements and post them here for anyone looking to find that center point......without doing it that way? I'd be interested in noting the location....

pow3rwagon

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2015
Washington
I will take some pics today of it and I would gladly measure it out. I did start to bring up the idea of a new hood to my wife and she looked at me with the look of I will burn you alive. We are expecting baby number 3 in a couple weeks and I am transitioning out of the army soon. A hood will have to wait but I will be looking at a 442 or 4 in cowl hood

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
Went to a local car show today and won 2 trophies. Best 80's Class and Best Wheels. An owner of a 66 Chevelle was so pissed, he had a tantrum in front of everyone because I beat him for best wheels. LMAO. What a DICK!

T.Wagner

Apprentice
Jan 23, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I changed the distributor cap and rotor, spark plugs and wires. The old ones were gapped incorrectly and two of them (the hardest to reach ones) looked different from the rest. One was mangled pretty bad too. I suspect whoever did it last decided to skip on the hard ones because seriously... Cylinder 8 is near impossible to reach with the heater box thing right there! She runs much better now and to me there seems to be a slight boost in performance :)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
cleaned up the car, taking the t-tops off, cranking up the blues on XM and heading to Camp 31 in Paris Ontario to get some all you can eat baby back ribs....and a couple off beers of course...:)

pow3rwagon

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2015
Washington
Well here are a few pics of what I did to my hood and I took some measurements. The rod is bent so I don't know how accurate it would be also motor is a transplanted 383.

20150712_113925.jpg 20150712_113938.jpg 2015-07-12 11.51.09.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

Jeremy79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2015
Hamilton, OH
Ditched the factory ride height and suspension. Installed QA1 coilovers on all 4 corners. Stance is much better now.
image.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor