What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
New wheels came in today, 17, 18 stagger. Pretty happy with them, now if I could just get the car painted that'd be great.
image.jpg

Now just put the wing nut on. And keep the hood down. Ha ha. Jj that sucks.
I have contemplated doing that just because I can. It's my not latch no hood pin free mod.

Well, we'll call those measures approximate. Still a b*tch that happened, at least you're taking it well

I dropped the gas tank again to replace the defective new sender I installed last Friday. Then I picked up my carb kit only to find out that Napa had given me the wrong kit last time so I had a spare horn gasket. I installed the gasket and was hoping that would sure a problem that has arose 2 evenings ago when I changed my primary rods from 48 to 45 rod. I had damaged my gasket the other evening so I thought that was causing an issue. The problem of full lean at light throttle was still there. I took the horn off once more and measure the 45 rods. Those rods were longer than my other rods. The package from Edelbock was 1945 so I know that was the right number. So basically I wasted my time on my GP today fixing sh*t caused by others...but she is running really good and I know how much gas I have.....🙂

I replaced the front brake rotors and switched out the green EBC for yellow EBC. I found the green would fade on the highway if I had to make a quick stop. I ordered 1980 Camaro rotors which should have the metric studs but they came with standard thread so I had to change them out for the studs in my old rotors. Now I have to stay away from heavy breaking for 200 miles. EBC used to have a break in that you could do in a few minutes....

Went for a nice cruise to break in the brake pads....these yellow EBC pads make it feel like I put bigger breaks on the front, worth every penny they cost me...and I checked my fuel milage while checking that my fuel sender is accurate..Combined city and hiighway ( wasn't driving to save fuel) and I was getting 16.8 mpg for a US gallon, for a Canadian gallon it works out to 20 mpg... 🙂

IMG_20150726_193444.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor