What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015-07-27 11.21.20.jpg
2015-07-27 11.21.55.jpg
I installed my new aluminum radiator and electronic fans, plumbed the transmission cooler lines with black braided ss -6an hose, and put new to me G8 leather seats in for test fit.

Well me and my son finished the rear swap.Painted and install a new fuel sending unit then reinstalled the gas tank then we under coated the car.We also stripped the paint off the engine and in the process of priming and painting it.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Picked up set of 8" UB Machine A arms today. I use to shorten the arms so thy'd work with my set up but I have the A arms far enough over the horizon I can turn the shaft around and add 1/4" of shims and use the stock length A arms. My custom A arms didn't last as long as they should cause cutting and welding must affect the nylon bushings no matter what care I took to keep them cool.

Finally its going to come out. Finally.

IMG_2980.jpg

I went in the shop and gave my cutlass a swift hard kick........

Ok so thats car abuse......

But no I could not and would not so I did not do that to my car.
But I did buy a set of 14in electric fans, power steering cooler and a new transmission cooler. Plus a 2x4ft sheet of .05 thick aluminum. I will be bending and cuttin and cursin to hopefully make a cool radiator fan shroud. I had a 16in single electric fan on the original griffin fan when I brought the car. But it was mounted as a pusher and the radiator did not have a trans cooler. So the last owner used a big trans cooler. I have done away with that and I brought the correct griffin radiatr with built in transmission cooler. I will post pics in my build section shortly.

Last edited:
Checked the new sender in my fuel tank. I had my gas container filled and sitting in my trunk just in case. Drove till the gauge sat on empty for a while and then went to fill up. I had 6 litres left in the tank, which is about 1.6 US gallons so the sender is sending the correct signal..:banana:

I swapped out my new coil over spring for a shorter one so I had more adjustment room. 1st ones just too tall, was at the end of the spanner nut travel and I still was sitting a bit high. Shorter ones allowed me to get my ride height back in line...
Ah the joys of custom work... 🙂 Took it for a drive to settle the springs, have some fun, also leaned out the idle settings a bit more so now at 13.5 @ idle.

New QA1 shocks and springs made a big change on stability and ride. Now to swap out the front shocks as soon as I can save some more pennies

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor