Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Gas tank:
That's all the octane and additives plus junk from the mandated ethanol puling water in and reacting with everything else. There is an anti-siphon checkball in the filler neck that keeps the gas from draining out. I drill or punch a hole in the corner of the tank and drain the goo into an oil pan and dispose with some used motor oil at the recycle shed at our transfer station.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Took it out for a long drive so the ECU could learn some more and fine tune the fuel curve. Had fun painting lines on the back roads.

Reactions: 1 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Thought I was going to get the prep done for the pull... But when it's so damn hit the sweat won't stay out of your eyes and glasses it's time to quit. I'll go back out after dark when it starts cooling off.
I took some video for the project car section of the new site but that won't be ready for a bit...
image.jpg image.jpg

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Got her pulled and on the stand.... I have some cleaning up to do, pick up all the tools etc... and apparently my trans needs a new rear main seal again, so I has to clean that mess up. It's only been 20 years of light use since we put the last one in lol. Once the cleaning up is done those heads are coming off and I can see what I'm up against if anything. Going to do it right. Clean up the engine, the bay, paint and replace parts and the whole 9 yards baby. I just hope I remember where all these pieces go(!)

Also: we need to do something with this thread. It's 455+ PAGES long fer chrissakes. I'm considering locking it, splitting it up into years and starting a new one. Not sure how if at all a thread this big affects things... Just a though.

IMG_3021.jpg IMG_3022.jpg IMG_3024.jpg IMG_3025.jpg IMG_3030.jpg IMG_3031.jpg IMG_3033.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
parked it. the pilot bearing is really shot so I'll be doing that job on Sunday. Have a new pilot busing and picking up a new flywheel tomorrow to see if the flywheel I was using gave me a little vibration. I have a centerforce duel friction disk and pressure plate installed but if that is damaged then I'll go back to my old set up, a Hayes street and strip pressure plate and disk along with a Howe hydraulic throw out bearing.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Finished the engine bay painting last week now I've been working on the front suspension this week but it might take a little bit I want to replace the A arms so gotta wait to order.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor