What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
My AF Gauge is 2 - 1/16 and the closest hole saw I have is 2"............

Bent up a 3"x6" piece of Alum Scrap, cut the hole and spent the last 30 mins ( on and off ) with a dremel drum sander bit in my little drill press making the hole large enough for the gauge to fit. Round and round and round she goes. LOL

Once I have the AF guage installed I will decide if I want a 2 gauge pod for the A Pillar so I can mount my Trans temp gauge or not. This darn thing is so bright I think it may bother me at night if it's on the A pillar staring me in the face all the time though.

Reactions: 1 users

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Yesterday I finished removing the front suspension now I gotta order some new A arms.
image.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you seem to have to do quite a bit of wrenching this year in order to get some seat time.....

you right, I didn't not expect the clutch to screw up to give me any problems but the car was only off the road for 2 days and it took a relaxed 5 hours to do the job with the car on stands......on the plus side it gave me a chance to test out the new to me jeep.

I took my GP out for a cruise last nite with my daughter and her boyfriend to head to dinner at Camp 31 in Paris Ontario. Met up with one of sons, his wife and their 2 kids at the restaurant. Great rib dinner out out on the patio and the others at the table were surprised how many people were interested in my GP while they ignored my son's Infinity Q50S was parked beside it . I had one guy in a Charger last nite that try get me to race him but I don't let people push my buttons. My daughter's boyfriend asked why someone with a brand new car would be so intimidated by my GP that they had to try to prove their car was faster...:)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Just loaded up the GP with all my camping gear, this weekend will be all mine to share with beer, burgers and whatever else that sounds good...XM is a perfect entertainer on camping trips...:)

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Just loaded up the GP with all my camping gear, this weekend will be all mine to share with beer, burgers and whatever else that sounds good...XM is a perfect entertainer on camping trips...:)

Sounds like fun and it should be great weather. Enjoy !
BTW Camp 31 is on my to do list this summer of places to eat :) We have never been but I have heard its quite good. Just waiting for a road trip to bring us down that way so we have an excuse to go

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
Sounds like fun and it should be great weather. Enjoy !
BTW Camp 31 is on my to do list this summer of places to eat :) We have never been but I have heard its quite good. Just waiting for a road trip to bring us down that way so we have an excuse to go
if you want a good burger and going down the 400s heading up to huntsville area you should stop at webers great place amazing food and some nice old trains

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
drove my GP home from camping, great weather and perfect neighbors cause they like music. People get curious when I'm 15 to 20 feet away and am changing channels with my remote. I have an IF repeater that I aim at the picnic table and my apline remote does the rest. I have a switch to turn the radio on if I don't want to use the key so at the end of the evening I turn the radio off with the remote and lock the car with my car remote which is wired to a relay to put the windows up. I know the laws about drinking on a camping lot but I don't want to take a chance after a nite consuming a few beer to have the keys in the ignition that I have to use to turn the radio off and put the windows up. Here's a picture of the car that sorta shows the distance the remote does it's job. :)

IMG_20150822_112343%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Hey, RegalBegle, that Buick doesn't look handicapped to me. With a 455 you have spot the guy in the other lane a few tenths just to make it a challenge....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor