What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
dropped the transmission to change the pilot bearing but it turned out the clutch disk was the problem. Ceterforce duel friction disk shredded some metal. I put in my spare Hayes street and strip disk with the centerforce pressure plate and it works real nice. I also changed the flywheel and that got rid of a vibration at around 20000 rpm. Here's the busted disk

IMG_20150816_185605.jpg
IMG_20150816_185555.jpg

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
"Street strip dick"??
rpm???
Geez Steve, no wonder it blew up!
What the hecks going on in that garage of yours over there???
:rofl:

1970camaroRS

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2014
I ran my first 10 second 1/4 mile!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
"Street strip dick"??
rpm???
Geez Steve, no wonder it blew up!
What the hecks going on in that garage of yours over there???
:rofl:

I caught that as well...20,000 rpm?? man, they don't even wing motorcycles up that high.:rofl:
Although it could explain what happened to your clutch. :eek:

*Steve,
I love your new ceiling fan...that's a hum dinger.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I caught that as well...20,000 rpm?? man, they don't even wing motorcycles up that high.:rofl:
Although it could explain what happened to your clutch. :eek:

*Steve,
I love your new ceiling fan...that's a hum dinger.

you guys are a tough crowd, teach me not to post anything after a long day....and a few beer...haha

Jack if you want I can email you the engineers drawings for that ceiling fan if you want to put one up to impress your wife..:)

and to stay with the program I drove my gp real nice to break in the new clutch disk.......

Last edited:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
you guys are a tough crowd, teach me not to post anything after a long day....and a few beer...haha

Jack if you want I can email you the engineers drawings for that ceiling fan if you want to put one up to impress your wife..:)

and to stay with the program I drove my gp real nice to break in the new clutch disk.......

Steve,
Yes, I was very impressed with the "high tech" ceiling fan....:D
I'm glad to hear that you were nice to your new clutch.;)

As for your typo, we're all just breaking your chops...you know that.o_O

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I know your breaking my chops and I get a good laugh at myself.....and Mark claims he is stupid, I think I just took his title away...haha

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I know your breaking my chops and I get a good laugh at myself.....and Mark claims he is stupid, I think I just took his title away...haha
:friday::rofl:

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
parked it. the pilot bearing is really shot so I'll be doing that job on Sunday. Have a new pilot busing and picking up a new flywheel tomorrow to see if the flywheel I was using gave me a little vibration. I have a centerforce duel friction disk and pressure plate installed but if that is damaged then I'll go back to my old set up, a Hayes street and strip pressure plate and disk along with a Howe hydraulic throw out bearing.

you seem to have to do quite a bit of wrenching this year in order to get some seat time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor