What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like interior was a popular thing to tackle this weekend. I fixed a drivers seat belt that was annoying the crap out of me; finally got it to retract. Also took the plunge on freshening up the sun damaged seat. Sprayed some SEM interior paint and was surprised by the results.

Also I recieved two of the original Olds carbs from Dad's garage. Not sure if one will be my project and the other could be a core. He also brought the original 14' wire hubs that I will likely sell to someone who is going back to completely stock.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 248
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 226
Seems like interior was a popular thing to tackle this weekend. I fixed a drivers seat belt that was annoying the crap out of me; finally got it to retract. Also took the plunge on freshening up the sun damaged seat. Sprayed some SEM interior paint and was surprised by the results.

Also I recieved two of the original Olds carbs from Dad's garage. Not sure if one will be my project and the other could be a core. He also brought the original 14' wire hubs that I will likely sell to someone who is going back to completely stock.

How is the feel of the fabric after spraying? Were you able to retain some of the plush feel?

That was my biggest fear. I was able to keep most of the feel by spraying a very light coat followed immediately with a nylon brush to keep from fibers sticking together. I probably made 5-6 cycles using that method to achieve the result.

• Informative
Reactions: mr evil
I finally got the trunk lid replaced today by the local body shop I use! :banana: The old trunk lid had a LOT of bondo in it and the numerous hail storms cracked and broke the bondo. My '82 GP is white and the "new" trunk lid is burgundy (from an '84 GP). At least the pin stripes and interior are burgundy, so it really doesn't look that bad. Need to wax the "new" trunk lid when the weather gets better! Someday I want to get the car repainted, so the color of the replacement trunk isn't that critical as this time...

I finally got the trunk lid replaced today by the local body shop I use! :banana: The old trunk lid had a LOT of bondo in it and the numerous hail storms cracked and broke the bondo. My '82 GP is white and the "new" trunk lid is burgundy (from an '84 GP). At least the pin stripes and interior are burgundy, so it really doesn't look that bad. Need to wax the "new" trunk lid when the weather gets better! Someday I want to get the car repainted, so the color of the replacement trunk isn't that critical at this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor