What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevymalibu283

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2013
Took the rear 1/4 windows out of 78 Monte... What a pain and gooey mess!!! Anyone have a good way to cut through and clean off this stuff?

We used the inner cable from hand brakes on bicycles when i worked in the body shop. After the window was out a scraper with a straight razor blade was used to scrape off the remaining butyl from the glass and window seam. Lacquer thinner or acetone will help clean off the remaining butyl from the surfaces. wear latex gloves when using the thinners. Hope this helps you out!

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Great ideas- thanks... Yeah, that crap was everywhere when I first used wd-40.... It's early yet, but what "tape" is best when I put them back in? Wine be for a few months yet..

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Great ideas- thanks... Yeah, that crap was everywhere when I first used wd-40.... It's early yet, but what "tape" is best when I put them back in? Wine be for a few months yet..

Butyl is what was used, I used it when I put mine back in. As for the wine I buy mine so I don't have to wait a few months..:mrgreen:

drove the GP to part store to pick up a thermostat for the Jeep, they wanted $34 for a thermostat so I'll go to plan B.....hoping this weather holds out so I go for a cruise in the GP on Christmas day and hopefully New Years day as well....:)

Last edited:

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Lol- sorry, WON'T be going back in for a while- wine isn't part of my world

Reactions: 1 user

Todd Barboza

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2015
I put a rug in my wagon that I got from my parts 87 El Camino. It looks way better than the tan shag house carpet that was in it and now I see how much floor I have to cut out of the ElCam. BTW : Any one have any info on the 4-door/ wagon rear door latches? I need a right rear one and every one around here does not open. Thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Parked my GP for the day due to a little snow on the ground.....but that snow will be gone tomorrow and the forecast is GP will be cruising the roads on Christmas day....:banana:

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor