What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Drove my GP today to pick up parts for the Jeep. Now I'm sitting here watching The Hallelujah Trail downing a bottle of wine with a pizza and will move to beer once the wine is done. After working on my Jeep today the movie makes me wish I had lived in that era when all you needed to do to have horse power is to shoe and feed them. There was no computers on a horse back then....

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Yeah, but they bite and kick, too. The Romans did horsepower with four horses side by side in front of a lightweight chariot...

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Cars and Coffee this morning. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2141.JPG
    IMG_2141.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 212
Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
wasn't today, but 2 days ago...

my 86 cutlass has been staying at my buddie's house about 30 miles away, so the neighborhood nazi's will stay off my back for too many cars... I went out to help him do some repairs on his truck, and while I was out there, I fired up the cutty and took it up the road a couple of miles. I ran/shifted great, right up to the point it ran out of gas!:confused:

since I bought it and refreshed the engine and towed it to his place (still trying to get the titlework straight) this has been the most the thing has moved under it's own power in almost 10 years! I think this coming year will be the year to finally give it the respect it's due!

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I got mad at a comment my wife made the other day, so I took out my anger in a constructive way. About a month ago, I found a new mechanic - an old guy almost retired. He did some mechanical crash repair on my mother-in-law's Scion, and I was impressed with his work for what he charged. Today he set up the 3.73 gears on the 30-spline Auburn in the GN axle I found for the coupe. $200 cash. He tried out the set-up tool I bought to try to teach myself, and liked it. He's agreed that he'll coach me on the next axle I bring him (when work slows down enough that I can take a weekday off...) The Moser axle shafts dropped right in, no issues. He left the crossshaft pin and the cover bolts loose so I can repeat the LS1 brake conversion I did on the wagon axle....

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Gutted the 2 dr wagon project, and cleaned up a dash harness for the Lt1 project....no pics though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor