What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowers85Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2015
I was able to track down a stock stereo and install it. Now the hunt for some cassettes begins!!

Next up is to paint and install a new license plate pocket that was cracked from some of my crappy teenage driving back in '96!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 227

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Man, been busy as hell on my 78 Monte frame off as I'm losing my garage space end of March... Welded in new cage nut for front passenger bushing- that was cool and thanks again to those of you who helped.. Finished welding in new floor pan, seat braces, console brackets... Been on this thing 20-30 hours per week for months. Ton of fun and working under gun has been teaching me a lot... Went today to get new hub, rotors, picked up s10 spindles from powder coating... summit boxes weekly, on and on... Lucky an understanding wife

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Today I cut 4 holes in my trunk floor to gain access to the body mounts. 2 were shot and the plates lifted right out after I pryed the cage to the side. The other 2 are soaking for a couple days in PB Blaster before I try and remove those bolts.

I have the 2 plates I removed soaking at work in a reverse electrolysis solution. Hopefully I can remove the stub of the bolt and re-use the plate.

Thx to OD Showtime, I can finally use the body mounts I bought last year :)

Last edited:

Mike Morgan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 3, 2016
did a little search and destroy on a miss-fire and then did a burn out in front of my friends house after going out for some fun!

87PontiacGP

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2011
Chilton, Wisconsin
Finally have my car out of storage and back in my possession! It's been a long and rough couple of years for me. Been off the site awhile, but this weekend will kick off my plans for it once again.. Can't wait!

Reactions: 1 user

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
Today I WILL bolt the driveshaft back up to the rear end and drop a rebuilt motor/transmission into it. Or at least replace the power steering pump and pressure line with the new ones I bought yesterday.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Today I cut 4 holes in my trunk floor to gain access to the body mounts. 2 were shot and the plates lifted right out after I pryed the cage to the side. The other 2 are soaking for a couple days in PB Blaster before I try and remove those bolts.

I have the 2 plates I removed soaking at work in a reverse electrolysis solution. Hopefully I can remove the stub of the bolt and re-use the plate.

Thx to OD Showtime, I can finally use the body mounts I bought last year :)

I soaked 5 of them in oil for a few days and heated up the oil before ti took them out. All the bolts came out and I was able to reuse the plates.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I charged up the battery and put in the GP, turned it over till oil pressure showed up, pushed the gas pedal once and it fired right up. It always starts easier since I only use non ethanol gas. And now I'm watching the old B&W Sink the Bismark

Last edited:

Sumariner

Greasemonkey
Sep 1, 2011
Installed 5660 spring, steering wheel and new mufflers

Attachments

• 100_1594.JPG
    100_1594.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 213
  • 100_1587.JPG
    100_1587.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 185
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor