What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I drove the GP to go get some exercise cutting my sons lawn, it's got to be close to an acre so it's a good work out. I had to get gas for the GP and it was nice having a working fuel gauge so I didn't have to fill it up. I don't like carrying the extra weight of fuel unless I'm heading out on a long trip.....

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Today I tightened the bolts in my transmission pan. I noticed a small leak on the pan, so I thought I would try this, before taking it to a shop. Check the fluid and no loss, so all seems good. Went to Wally''s World and bought black paint and primer. I want to do a little detailing to the under-carriage. Before I do that I need to hit it with engine degreaser again.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I removed my red top battery to charge it after some idiot left the bypass switch on for the cooling fan all nite. Luckily I have the ctech 7002 to charge it cause it was so dead I don't think a normal charger would bring it back to life

86sbcmonte

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2016
St. Louis
IMG_0005.JPG
Picked up a monte ss steering box with valve and springs for heavy road feel along with a astro van shaft. Cant wait to install it. I feel like the kids on xmas morning whenever I get a new or old part for that matter......

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I would like a better steering box than the stock one for my Cutlass. Suggestions please!
My buddy has a quick ratio box from f body 85 Trans am. Pm timo22 if interested.
I'm interested. Do you know what he wants do for it? Is it a direct fit. Or will adjustments need to be made?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My Allstar aluminum rad had a small leak on both sides where the core is welded to the tank which I was going to fix this winter. But I found a guy selling a used Griffin rad he had in his camaro with a BB so I took a nice 30 mile drive on country roads to pick it up. It's in great shape and I got it for $120....:)

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
View attachment 55307 Picked up a monte ss steering box with valve and springs for heavy road feel along with a astro van shaft. Cant wait to install it. I feel like the kids on xmas morning whenever I get a new or old part for that matter......
please tell me more about the astro van steering shaft. what years apply? is it similar to a jeep steering shaft?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Just finished modifying my header panel emblem and it took WAY more time than it should've!!! It needs to match the theme of the build, so I taped off the new rocket emblem, sanded it, sprayed it, then meticulously trimmed a piece of carbon fiber down to fit the inset part. Not 100% perfect but just a little custom touch.
20150109_201751.jpg
20161008_171919.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor