What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Nothing except stare and wishing I could still do burnouts. Applied for a job at a few places, so lets see how that pans out.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Looking for some cool valve covers to fit over the roller rockers for the Olds engine.I don't want chrome ones. If any of you have, or know of anyone that wants to sell pair, hit me up!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-11-00-15-14-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-11-00-15-14-1.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_2016-10-11-00-15-14-1-1-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-11-00-15-14-1-1-1.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 148

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Ok had rotors turned and resufaced. Changed the blinker flasher, and tail light bulbs. Headers came in today. 20161011_181730-1.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I was supposed to go fishing. While running around I noticed the motor was cold. I remembered the summer 160* stat was still in. Swapped in a 195* for the winter. Hooked up the heated air cleaner too then adjusted the carb for the warm air. Then I noticed my positive battery terminal clamp was all corroded. That was a b*tch to get off and wash with soda solution. Then the battery hold down clamp broke right off. Now I had to manufacture a super duty battery hold down clamp arrangement. I took an 1/8" thick 1" wide 12" long flat steel bar and bent and drilled it so I could bolt it to the radiator support and interlock it with the big long bolt that grabs the battery tray. Now it's in solid. Maybe I'll get to fishing tomorrow.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
stopped by the junk yard and picked up a couple of jeep steering shafts, astro van steering shafts and some "flash to pass" dimmer switches.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
had some great weather today so I took a drive to watch my grandson play hockey early this evening. It's about a 30 mile drive and while on the country road which had a 50 mph speed limit I was stuck behind 3 vehicles and a truck hauling a trailer doing a little over 40 mph. None of the vehicles would pass the truck so soon as it was clear I put it in 3rd gear and hit the 4 barrels. Soon as I got close to the 1st vehicle behind the truck put their blinker on and started to pull out. I couldn't believe it and I had a Ram behind me so I was not hitting the brakes. I squeezed past the idiot with my foot to the floor. The idiot went back into his lane so the Ram made it by without a problem Sure am glad the GP has some speed and handles real nice. ...other than that my grandson had a good practice...:)

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
had some great weather today so I took a drive to watch my grandson play hockey early this evening. It's about a 30 mile drive and while on the country road which had a 50 mph speed limit I was stuck behind 3 vehicles and a truck hauling a trailer doing a little over 40 mph. None of the vehicles would pass the truck so soon as it was clear I put it in 3rd gear and hit the 4 barrels. Soon as I got close to the 1st vehicle behind the truck put their blinker on and started to pull out. I couldn't believe it and I had a Ram behind me so I was not hitting the brakes. I squeezed past the idiot with my foot to the floor. The idiot went back into his lane so the Ram made it by without a problem Sure am glad the GP has some speed and handles real nice. ...other than that my grandson had a good practice...:)
Been there, done that....actually about a couple weeks ago but in my daily driver instead! Sure kicks the "pucker factor" up a few notches that's for sure! Glad to hear you and the GP made it past unharmed!!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor