What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Weather still not good for driving, so sadly just fired it up and let it warm up. Then put it back away...

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
Didn't like the look of the polished intake... So I decided to pull it and bead blast it and painted it gold to match the rest of the engine. Finshed the install of the 3.73 gears and the eaton truetrac as well..

Attachments

• 20161219_111054.jpg
    20161219_111054.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 222
  • 20170122_154103.jpg
    20170122_154103.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 237
  • 20170122_112950.jpg
    20170122_112950.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Didn't like the look of the polished intake... So I decided to pull it and bead blast it and painted it gold to match the rest of the engine. Finahed the install of the 3.73 gears and the eaton truetrac as well..

Man you guys and all these non-A/C cars...!!?!

Gold looks good.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Pulled a 87 Monte rear spoiler and bumper cover. Plucked out a floor shift column and some other cool bits from a donor Monte SS

Reactions: 1 user

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
Got a bit done today. Cleaned, painted, and mounted my starter, engine mounts, and flexplate. Also got the transmission bolted back to the engine. Ran out of daylight, but its very close to going back in the Cutlass!

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Me and my dad fashioned a better blockoff plate for the hot air choke on my intake out of 1/8 inch steel. Works good so far, but only time will tell. ALSO: I fixed my Qjet high idle issue! The primary throttle blades were shifted, I guess, to the driver's side so they wouldn't close 100% so it would act as if the throttle was still open. That's why I could have my hot idle speed screw out all the way without touching the arm, and it would still idle. Pull forward (towards rad) and it would idle down. Now it burbles happily, albeit loudly (just downpipes and manifolds), at 900rpm with the choke on and 800 in park when at operating temp, presumably 600ish in gear but haven't tried it yet. Still more tinkering to do, like the air door tension. Needs a bit more spring to it. Things going good. Who says you can't daily a G in the winter?!

Reactions: 1 users

Skitter302

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2014
USA, WA
I daily my G-body no matter what the temp,

Had a small transmission issue, spider crawled up into the vent tube and died so trans fluid was flowing out everywhere. Now a new vent tube is in the trans and its all back together very happy to take me where I want to go.

For Christmas i got a sub-woofer, finally got it installed. Its a small 8" unit. My goal wasn't to thump so hard the bock could hear me. Just something to fill in the bottom end because 4"x10"s don't sound that great. And the 3.5" Speakers in the dash don't cover any of the bottom range either. Why GM didn't plan for 6"x9"s is beyond me.

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

Fixed my damn choke finally. Ever since I bough this carb (replacement for the one I stupidly broke from EverydayPerformance, will buy from them again eventually), the choke never worked right and the car never idled right because of it. Welp, I fixed it. Took some fiddling, and some brake cleaner (dirty linakge didn't help) but she's right as rain. Video for fun. It burbles a bit on startup because it was already running and adding two full streams of gas into an already warm carb, yeah. Still a bit more tweaking to do... but I decided to quit while I was ahead. I have a very love/hate relationship with Qjets.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor