What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Bought a Goodmark Cowl Hood for my Cutlass. Went to look at car for sale (did not buy) but he had a cowl hood I bought. It was painted gray so it does not match my car but I will fix that issue.
Here is a pic on my car not painted to match View attachment 60146 View attachment 60147

That is a sweet looking cutlass if he has the original hood to put back on, how much was he asking?

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
No wrench turning today, but I did order the rear disc brake kit today.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Ordered a cowl hood.

Built a TH350 for the plumber's 79 Malibu.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Did some thinking of what needs to be done next for post paint assembly. Picked up some freeze plugs to cap off my new blazer hubs since the center is open... don't want water getting in there!

Also, found a pic of my cutlass from pre resto stage.
FB_IMG_1446952682112.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 4 users

silverfox

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2012
That is a sweet looking cutlass if he has the original hood to put back on, how much was he asking?

The hood was not on the car yet. So I grabbed it from the garage. I got it for $300.00
I thought that was a picture of the Cutlass for sale......

No my cutlass with the hood on it. I wanted to test fit before i had it painted.

Reactions: 1 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
So I scored a cheap Grand Prix radiator support filler panel on eBay..in its full length it didn't fit...it was about 4 inches narrower than the length of my core support so...I cut it up haha this is the result:
wvO4Gtv.jpg

What the sheet metal didn't cover I used some of the rubber sheet I have to fill in the headlight area. I basically cut it into four pieces and used the middle pieces to fill in the grill area.I just need to clean it up a little. The paint was in pretty good shape.
Also plasti-dipped the grille and the headlight bucket on the bezel.
vlsEjMc.jpg

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Bought a Goodmark Cowl Hood for my Cutlass.

I met Mark Headrich, founder of Goodmark back in the 1980's. I think he sold Health Insurance at the time in Nashville. Super nice guy. I bought a '71 Cuda convert from him for $7,500. He also had a low mile rally red, dual rubber bumper, 4 speed, Dana 60, '70 Hemi 'Cuda that he had won a show trophy at the Mopar nationals with he wanted to sell for $12,500 - He wanted an Auto Hemi to drive. Not offering him $10K and going back to Nashville the next weekend with a trailer was probably one of the dumbest things I have ever done in my life.

On my 2+2 I cleaned up the wiring for the Dallas Cars and Coffee later this morning.

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I went to a G-Body salvage yard and picked up a set of front turn signal lights to fix the deer damaged ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor