What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
Got my Jegs TH400 crossmember installed for my 200-4R conversion. This crossmember was only $117 shipped from Jegs. There are some mighty nice crossmembers out there that cost twice as much or more, but I can't say enough about how well this fit.

Dropped right in between the frame rails and lined up perfectly to my transmission. The floor is a bit close to the exhaust pipe contour on the drivers side, so those with worn body mounts may have different results. I'm happy with it.

Reactions: 1 user

wv hillbilly

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2017
Tornado, WV
cleaned up my new (to me) 8.5 rearend, even has 3.73 posi!
8.51.jpg
8.5g.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Degreased my blazer spindles and backing plates for the 3rd and final friggin time! They are finally clean enough that i can sit them in my "cutlass parts closet" without getting old grease on the floor...and chewed by the wife lol! Next warm enough day i will tape off the hub hole, wipe 'em down, hit with some good primer, and paint 'em up!
Then it's on to the calipers for prep and paint.
Screenshot_20170204-152737.png
Screenshot_20170204-152727.png

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Got my Jegs TH400 crossmember installed for my 200-4R conversion. This crossmember was only $117 shipped from Jegs. There are some mighty nice crossmembers out there that cost twice as much or more, but I can't say enough about how well this fit.

Dropped right in between the frame rails and lined up perfectly to my transmission. The floor is a bit close to the exhaust pipe contour on the drivers side, so those with worn body mounts may have different results. I'm happy with it.
Yah, I'm one of those unhappy customers. It almost looks like their vendor assembled it backwards, as the driver's hump sits higher that the passenger hump; the side with less clearance should sit lower, huh?

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
I agree, there should be more clearance on that side. As far as I can tell my bushings haven't been replaced and although it's close on the drivers side, there is no contact.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Yah, I'm one of those unhappy customers. It almost looks like their vendor assembled it backwards, as the driver's hump sits higher that the passenger hump; the side with less clearance should sit lower, huh?

Same here, it fits, but the humps don't line up with any headers I have came up with, big or small block.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Same here, it fits, but the humps don't line up with any headers I have came up with, big or small block.
That's the main issue I've read about the jegs double hump. It also says on their site that cutlass "supreme" don't apply, but i couldn't find a true reason why. I opted to save the extra $$ for the g-force unit, and couldn't be more pleased! It's stout, probably overkill, but bolted up perfect and the humps lined up dead on with the exhaust!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor