What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
sixty7rs - got any other plans to complete the "sleeper" look?

Cheers - Gary
I was going for the rude awaking look....Here's my sleeper
IMG_3753.JPG

Agreed. When I converted mine I did a boatload of research on the force of struts, and what was adequate for a glass hood. My car is several miles away, but I believe mine are 80 or 100 ft lbs.View attachment 71191
so would they work on a aluminum hood that weighs about 40lbs? would they be too strong? i know the factory lightened the springs for aluminum hoods.
joe

so would they work on a aluminum hood that weighs about 40lbs? would they be too strong? i know the factory lightened the springs for aluminum hoods.
joe
It's possible. I'm not sure the exact weight of my hood, but it has a steel frame in it. I'm sure it weighs 30lbs or more. I wanna say a steel hood requires 150+ lbs of force on the struts. I will check into the weight of my hood and follow up.

Took it for a drive. It is slow and shitty - but, it feels good to drive it. Got lots of looks and comments.

tmp_5398-20170729_114831_HDR1706578223.jpg

Picked up 55L of gas just to find out the tank had rotted along the pinch seam. Cued to this by a puddle on the driveway as the tank was trying to lose $30 of my money on the ground. Punched a hole in the tank, got really high. Yanked the spare tank out of the other car, new sender, o-ring, and such. Boom. Done.

Now I just have to figure out why the engine sounds and is running like crap now.

I am so high.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor