What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I got my BTR spring kit yesterday. These things are purdy, such as same they will be hidden under the valve covers :)

20170728_153604.jpg
20170728_153718.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
Look at those clean fingernails! get to work , man
i kidd, i won a door prize at a Cruise In the other night cuz my fingernails were dirty! it was Fast Orange! LoL
Workin on cars for a living as i do, they are rarely clean. Any Mechanics in here will know.

But, on topic
One of my Fabricated Valve covers was seeping oil at the back rear corner, after swapping out the gaskets it still seeped, upon closer investigation one of the welds had a pin hole in it, I just JB welded it, shes good now.

Ive been wanting a cup holder in my car, thinking of ideas, i was gonna make one, then i found one for a bike or motorcycle, since i have my shifter on a pedestal, which is tubular it clamped right on there and worked out perfect !
IMG_0503.JPG

• Creative
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Look at those clean fingernails! get to work , man
i kidd, i won a door prize at a Cruise In the other night cuz my fingernails were dirty! it was Fast Orange! LoL
Workin on cars for a living as i do, they are rarely clean. Any Mechanics in here will know.

But, on topic
One of my Fabricated Valve covers was seeping oil at the back rear corner, after swapping out the gaskets it still seeped, upon closer investigation one of the welds had a pin hole in it, I just JB welded it, shes good now.

Ive been wanting a cup holder in my car, thinking of ideas, i was gonna make one, then i found one for a bike or motorcycle, since i have my shifter on a pedestal, which is tubular it clamped right on there and worked out perfect !
View attachment 71153
Lol I know right! Usually they are dirty, greasy, etc. I keep fast orange or similar handy but it never gets all of the grease out! It's fun chasing my kids around with mechanic hands lol! Just had gotten home from work and try to clean my hands prior to leaving to not have muck on my wheel. With my dad being a diesel mechanic, his are always filthy...it's funny when he's on vacation because by the end his hands are clean!

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

tcolvinOH

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 4, 2013
Prepping my Cutlass for an engine/trans removal as part of my teardown. Since everything is so rusty and practically every time I even consider turning a wrench on some of the bolts on the underside, one breaks, I broke down and cut the exhaust between the manifold and the catalytic converter. The engine and the entire exhaust will get replaced anyway. I also attempted to get the drive shaft out....but at this moment, its not moving (see a previous post of mine looking for suggestions...).

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
picked up a mint bezel,hard top quarter windows, mint upper & lower sail panels, and a mint back seat bottom for the Chief.... such a shame that the car was in such nice shape other than a minor front end hit.... told the guy I may come back for ore before he separates the body from the frame for a roundy-round car...

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor