What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Removed the Th350 from my car, and only bled a little. Made a little doo-dad to keep the TC from falling out on the way to get a new transmission tomorrow. Guy rebuilds em as a thing to do, giving him my 2 cores and $100 for a low mileage BOP Th350, with a new filter kit, kickdown cable, and with my choice of any converter he has.

Attachments

• doodad.jpg
    doodad.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 135
  • derp.jpg
    derp.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Removed the Th350 from my car, and only bled a little. Made a little doo-dad to keep the TC from falling out on the way to get a new transmission tomorrow. Guy rebuilds em as a thing to do, giving him my 2 cores and $100 for a low mileage BOP Th350, with a new filter kit, kickdown cable, and with my choice of any converter he has.
Nothing better than some sacrificial blood while working on the ride!

• Agree

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
cross your good fingers that the gods of cruising will accept your blood sacrifice! :notworthy:

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Went on a two hour drive with my dad to go pick up a Th350 that had 72,000 miles on it. Fluid nice bright red, don't smell like anything. The guy he got it from made the car into a derby car so he didn't want a TH350 I guess. The engine in the car also had a REALLY bad oil leak I guess, the entire transmission is encased in a 1" thick layer of gravel dirt and oil. The guy I got it from rebuilds transmissions as a thing to do. While I was there I walked around his place. He got contracted to do 5 transmissions for pulling tractors, the ones that pull the sleds. I also got the TC, a kickdown cable, one month honorary warranty (trans dicks up, i get my $100 bucks back), filter/pan gasket, a stack of car mags from the 1980s, two of which are actually a B&M shift kit installation booklet from 1989 for a TH350, and a Hughes Performance catalog from 2002. Neat stuff. That guy was pretty cool, knows his stuff.

Attachments

• th350.jpg
    th350.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 145
  • th3502.jpg
    th3502.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Went on a two hour drive with my dad to go pick up a Th350 that had 72,000 miles on it. Fluid nice bright red, don't smell like anything. The guy he got it from made the car into a derby car so he didn't want a TH350 I guess. The engine in the car also had a REALLY bad oil leak I guess, the entire transmission is encased in a 1" thick layer of gravel dirt and oil. The guy I got it from rebuilds transmissions as a thing to do. While I was there I walked around his place. He got contracted to do 5 transmissions for pulling tractors, the ones that pull the sleds. I also got the TC, a kickdown cable, one month honorary warranty (trans dicks up, i get my $100 bucks back), filter/pan gasket, a stack of car mags from the 1980s, two of which are actually a B&M shift kit installation booklet from 1989 for a TH350, and a Hughes Performance catalog from 2002. Neat stuff. That guy was pretty cool, knows his stuff.
Time to get out the degreaser, scrapers, bristle brushes, etc.!! That engine is too pretty to toss the TH350 in without a good cleaning and some fresh paint!!!!

Keep us posted how it does, fingers crossed for ya buddy!

• Agree

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Time to get out the degreaser, scrapers, bristle brushes, etc.!! That engine is too pretty to toss the TH350 in without a good cleaning and some fresh paint!!!!

Keep us posted how it does, fingers crossed for ya buddy!
Yeah. That thing is gross. And thanks. :D

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'd change the pump seal while it is out as well

• Agree

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Pulled the timing cover to replace the crank seal that's been leaking horribly. I didn't know what I was going to find behind the cover. But the P.O. replaced the chain with a nice double roller that didn't have any slop in it. I was prepared to replace it. But ended up leaving it in and just replaced the seals on the cover and water pump.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
4" of snow already in the Cul-du-sac and with 6" plus more on the way tonight just in time for xmas. I had to move the Monte out of its slumber and on to the street to clear a path for the snowblower......................... all whilst chanting the mantra " must no do donuts, must not do donuts " LOL

Seriously tough though, with the summer tires on the car its like driving on ice. Chugging around in the fresh snow it was sooo hard not to lean on it and whip the car around a few times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Got 2" of snow last night, didn't expect it to snow at all. Anywho, in about an hour and a half gonna go out to the garage and clean up my transmission. Won't be installing it today, but will be on tuesday. Also gonna grab some parts I need to make the heat work and my choke work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor