What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad87Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2018
Went and fired up my 87 Monte SS today, and move it to get ready to do some work to it early this week.

3b43e8b3814b021bd3918ef088e4b97a.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Finished fabbing up the throttle and cruise bracket on the wagon, and solved the F-body to truck fuel rail problem.

Spring is coming and I need to get moving on this.

Reactions: 1 users

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Almost forgot my wheels. Junkyard special!
image.jpeg
Well I bought my Bonneville on July 4th, 2015. I have been collecting parts for a couple years now. I have a 305, th350 , 7.5 2:73 posi for the drivetrain . I also have a Monte SS steering box and of course, all my F41 suspension parts. I am trying to make a solid driver with almost all junkyard parts.
Today I pulled the greasy 3.8 and th250 out. The motor and transmission mounts were disintegrated. I believe the drivetrain was gravity fed! Lol ! I still need to pull the rear axle and gas tank. Fortunately , the tunnel and floor pan are solid thanks to all of the grease.
I am going to replace the fuel line and vent line from the tank to the front. The existing lines are on the wrong side for a SBC. I also am replacing the brake line from the combo valve to the rear axle as a PO has a union in the line which isn't a good idea. I was lucky to find the right lines from a buddy that had parted out a rust free GP. The lines still had that greenish tint to them and all look brand new.
I was planning on kind of a quick swap out but now that I have it apart, I don't have it in me to throw it back together without cleaning the frame and under carriage and coating it. I guess I'll put calipers and brake lines in the front . The brake lines look brand new til they get on top of the frame. I guess it didn't sling oil far enough.
The only bummer is the car is at my job so I can only work on it on weekends. If it were in my garage, I wouldn't be typing right now. I'll update later..timo22

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Considering it's -30F outside, not a damn thing.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Nothing to the car, still waiting on the call to pick her up. However, I finally bought a respirator today. Lowe's had this 3M in stock and replacement filters when needed.
When I'm home I paint outside so fumes aren't much of an issue. However, a week ago my brother n law was spraying POR15 aerosol. He had his respirator on, but I only had a cheapy dust mask.
Needless to say I was coughing up crud for a few days. It's a cheap investment to help save the brain cells I have left lol!
20180115_160925.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor