What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scuffed and painted my GP bar, installed it. Fits quite nice. Front is all triangulated suspension wise, as far as factory bracing goes. Only things left to do up front is a quick ratio box and a jeep shaft, aside from replacing bushings, balljoints, and brake components. For the rear, eventually I'll get a UMI shock tower brace and rear seat braces. I also Installed the bumper and cleaned up the bolts. The marker lenses in the "new" bumper are garbage, but eh. Looks better than my mashed up piece. Haven't gotten around to installing the 307 shroud... maybe this weekend. Also, I think I figured out why sometimes my car is deafeningly loud, and other times it's damn near quiet enough to have a speaking voice conversation, windows down and all, and seems to have days when it's really peppy and punchy, and other days where it's lazy off the line in comparison. I have my advance plugged into the port on the D/S of the carb, above the driver's idle mixture screw. I was fiddling with the line, and folded it over itself at the dist. nipple (tee hee), and the car got way quieter and ran a lil smoother. so, I think the little transfer(?) slot is exposed, giving a vacuum signal to that port (carb thinks its at cruise, not idle) and it's giving the engine extra advance at idle, like it's plugged into a manifold source. Sound right?

Attachments

• regalgpbar.jpg
    regalgpbar.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 190
  • regalgpbar2.jpg
    regalgpbar2.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 178
  • regalbumper.jpg
    regalbumper.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 184
  • regalbumper2.jpg
    regalbumper2.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 169
street raced my son this evening. we finished trap shooting and were on our way home when we met up at the same stop light. with no other cars around, i knew it was on. he in his g-wagon equipped with the eye popping 305/turbo200/2.41 and i in my calais with the neck snapping 260/t50/2.56posi. the light turned green and i launched hard. i must've hole shotted him for at least the first 5 feet. by the time we hit 50mph he was ahead of me by a car length. LOL. that was fun!

While my buddy is still doing the heavy lifting, between stuff I was doing at the shop gave the tank a quick scotch brite and then some flat black
20180606_145833.jpg

While my buddy is still doing the heavy lifting, between stuff I was doing at the shop gave the tank a quick scotch brite and then some flat black
View attachment 89946

that reminds me when I had the tank out I made shorter fuel and return line that ended close to the front of the gas tank and used fuel injection rubber hose to go from the pick up to the lines at the front of the tank. I find it easier to disconnect the lines before dropping the tank instead of dropping the tank just far enough to get the lines off the pick up and it's easier to put the tank in place then connect the lines...

I pulled a lower steering column bearing out of an early Astro van the other day. I saw a clip on YouTube where the guy removed the standard plastic bushing and replaced it with a ball bearing piece. I swapped it over today and it seems to tighten up the play in the column. Nice inexpensive little upgrade. I did repack the bearing before installing.

I pulled a lower steering column bearing out of an early Astro van the other day. I saw a clip on YouTube where the guy removed the standard plastic bushing and replaced it with a ball bearing piece. I swapped it over today and it seems to tighten up the play in the column. Nice inexpensive little upgrade. I did repack the bearing before installing.

LINK?!?!?!??!

Do u know what year you used? Would like to see if parts store has it

Reactions: Longroof79
Do u know what year you used? Would like to see if parts store has it
Actually, the one I used was from a '94 Astro van, but I'm sure you could use one from any year. I took that one because it was more easily accessible. First off, It didn't have the cocoon covering the shaft, and it wasn't recessed into the firewall like the newer Astros. To get to the lower bearing on a newer Astro, you would have to drop the column. In most cases if you're removing the shaft anyway, you're halfway there.

I noticed on the You Tube video, the guy was adding the newer bearing to an F-body column. The retainer didn't seem to fit that well on it. It seemed to work perfectly on the G-body column. But again, I'm using an '85 Monte Carlo tilt column. It may fit differently on an earlier column...I don't know.

In his second video, he also used a bearing from an Express van. It had a nice bolt on retainer compared to the typical snap ring retainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor