What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Left it at home and took the TBSS to work.

No AC and a heat wave make Homer something something...

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Been collecting parts for a mad thrash in a few weeks. We'll be between sports seasons for the Two Terrors, so I won't be running all over God's creation with them for the next little bit.

Items on the list:
Remove what's left of the HVAC system in order to make it easier to...
yank the headers in order to make it easier to.....
Replace umbrella valve guide seals to cure oil fouled spark plugs and
Replace brake distribution block on frame rail. Since brakes need to be bled anyway, also replacing front calipers, pads, flex hoses and have the S-10 wheel cylinders for the rear along with the bolt on brackets.

Also got copper gaskets to put the headers back on with and then will install the Jegs AC delete firewall panel with the Vintage Air heat and defrost unit mounted on the interior side.

If I have time left, it will get a once over with the buffing compound and a little bit of touch-up on the paint.

Reactions: 4 users

trevorjm

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2011
Yesterday in the rain the car got pretty wet inside, I think it leaks through the rear windshield as well as having leaky T-Tops. The factory rear seat insulation was wet and chewed up, so that came out.
FiDzNfh.jpg

Plan to sand the floors because there is some rust showing. It's worse under the carpet on the driver's side. What does everyone like to paint the floorboards inside? I don't think it's rusty enough for POR-15 to work well.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I slapped the Pig on the *ss leaving work, walking around a Benzo ML350 someone was test driving. We left the light, making a right turn, before the left turning vehicles could cross the 6 lane divided road. As I drove past, the salesman must have to her to mat it as she almost hung. I rolled the squealer up to 90, steady walking away. I'd love to hear the salesman's excuses! "He got the jump on you" "there's 4 people in here" (2 kids in the backseat), etc. I thought it was hilarious!

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Put a rebuild kit in the Dualjet.
Accel pump was shot, a nice fine layer of "sand -i-ment" covered the bottom of the bowl and the mains.
Blasted it all clean, new kit and WOW! I bet that ole 260 has at least 10 more HP:LOL:
Can actually accelerate from a stop now, and will walk right up to traffic speed without a major pucker factor.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i did a burnout leaving work dumps open yesterday..picked up one of my a/c fittings from the machine shop
DSCF3789.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor